Nice helmet for cycling?

Well, the price is right!!! However, I have never seen a helmet so cheap. I am assuming that it complies with US CPSC safety standards. If it does, I guess it's fine. However, most lower end helmets cost about $40. Hight end helmets (lighter, not safer) cost upwards of $200. 7 bucks is a steal for a good helmet - if it really is a good helmet.

DO you like it? You are the cyclist who will be wearing it. It is certified CPSC Bicycle Safety Standard Certified, ASTM 1492 Skate Certified . So I would say it is a good helmet that will provide you with protection which is why we wear a helmet.

That sucks as a bike helmet but it's better than no helmet at all.

What sort of riding do you do? If you are out on the roads for any length of time in hot weather you'll need a helmet with ventilation.

I wouldn't wear that helmet if they gave it away for free.

That Bell helmet is a skateboard helmet, it's not designed for the impacts that can occur while riding a bike at faster speeds then a skateboard can go. You need a dedicated bicycle helmet. But you can buy any cheap bicycle helmet and it will protect your bonehead just as well as an expensive one thanks to federal laws that say all bicycle helmets must meet the [SIZE= 12px]CPSC Standard for helmets. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]So go to Walmart and buy a bicycle helmet that fits your noggin the best. Buying a helmet on line might get you a helmet that won't fit right then it's virtually useless. Here's how to make sure it fits right: [/SIZE]http://www.nhtsa.gov/people/injury/pedbimot/bike/easystepsweb/index.htm But let me add one additional check for fit the above site missed. Rock the helmet from side to side with your hand (much the same way as the final fitting shows from front to rear), if it moves too freely forget it and try another.