Nice letter to the editor on Lance and doping

Eldron said:
Armstrong took drugs, the moon landings really happened, the twin towers were bombed by the US government, america caused the war in Georgia.

Or the other way around. I forget.
How is the apartheid situation in that hellhole?

US_Flag_FR019frf.jpg

No_Positives said:

US_Flag_FR019frf.jpg
A. You are too stupid to know when someone is on your side.

B. Apartheid ended between 1990 and 1993, but your head was so far up your ass you can tell us what your small intestine tastes like, so we understand the ignorance.

No_Positives said:

Oh - is it drag up history and insult someone using their country's shame time already?

In that case I'm going to go with - the government, companies, culture and general life in SA reflect the demographics of the people - is that true in the US of A? Of course it is - you killed all the indigenous people. You must be real proud of that flag - USA USA USA!

England has australia/india, germany has the jews, france has the peasants - every country has f*cked something up right royally wise guy - stop cracking the windows of your glass house...

@thoughtforfood - your grammar is shameful - it is "I done heard the chairs IS made of cardboard" tut tut.

No_Positives said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/letters.php?id=letters/2008/08-28letters#7

Lance and the doping debate

Yes Steve is right; Lance's performances show a consistency throughout his career which is atypical of doping. Here's a bloke who had always been strong. In a powerhouse performance that really stood out, he rode the field off his wheel to win the Worlds [2003 in Oslo, Norway - Ed].

Yes he did bonk and recover in 2000 which was either like Landis or like Indurain in 1996 take your pick. Granted he did recover remarkably well but generally his form hasn't had the variations of say Riis who in 1995 was lucky to come 3rd and looked utterly finished but came back to flatten everyone in 1996 or Rasmussen's long-term up and down form (as remarked on by Cadel Evans who's ridden against him for years). I remain open to the possibility that he did dope but hopeful that he didn't. On balance (especially as NO ONE has produced any evidence that Lance did dope and I like those quaint principles like innocent till proven guilty) I think Lance is probably one of the most phenomenal athletes I have ever seen.

As to the back and forth around Evans, can anyone remember a rider coming down so hard (over the bars and onto his back hard enough to crack his helmet) and still finishing 2nd? Given the known physiological affects of a bad crash it was a remarkable feat.

David Thompson you are quite right Miguel Indurain won 5 Tours without once winning a road stage.

Justin Larkin

Friday, August 22, 2008
Hmmm? Justin Larkin. Isn't there a guy on here named Tim Lamkin?

On balance (especially as NO ONE has produced any evidence that Lance did dope and I like those quaint principles like innocent till proven guilty) I think Lance is probably one of the most phenomenal athletes I have ever seen.
Damn, I thought for sure there was some evidence. Wasn't there at least some?