Nice Morning Ride... For the Most Part

Xtreme434

Jul 20, 2010
I had a nice relaxing ride this morning, it was great... Except for the fact that I saw a dozen people not wearing helmets... Why would you mountain bike without a helmet??? I understand not wearing pads and everything like that but a helmet... COME ON!! Helmets are a must, you have to be cautious mountain biking. If you are one of those people who aren't wearing helmets please go and read up on them and seriously consider getting one. Allsportprotection.com has bunch to choose from. At least go look into it. Stay safe.

Amen!

I see 'em all the time on the road too. :eek:

I guess if you don't have much IQ to begin with, you don't have much to lose.

Xtreme434 said:
I had a nice relaxing ride this morning, it was great... Except for the fact that I saw a dozen people not wearing helmets... Why would you mountain bike without a helmet??? I understand not wearing pads and everything like that but a helmet... COME ON!! Helmets are a must, you have to be cautious mountain biking. If you are one of those people who aren't wearing helmets please go and read up on them and seriously consider getting one. Allsportprotection.com has bunch to choose from. At least go look into it. Stay safe.

Not quite sure why your ride was great "except for the fact I saw a dozen people not wearing helmets.." Why is your ride ruined because a few idiots decided not to protect themselves against the dangers of mountain biking?

Maybe I'm alone on this one, but the last thing that's going to ruin my ride is someone else's idiocy. It's not going to be me lying face down on a trail with my head split wide open.

FWIW, I refuse to ride with anyone who is not wearing a helmet. Those people become unnecessary liabilities.

x2 on what everybody posted..........except seeing idiots ruining my anything. Too many idiots in too many places doing too many things for me to be concerned with their lack of concern for their own personal safety. Darwin rules.........

[COLOR= #0000ff]Whenever I see people like that, I think...[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]"Go ahead. Just get 'em out of the gene pool. "[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Mean, but that's what will happen.[/COLOR]