Nice place for an EPO advertisement...

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Steve, Dec 21, 2004.

  1. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Tags:

  2. xzzy

    xzzy Guest

  3. Steve wrote:

    > What better place for an outdoor EPO ad????
    > A BIKE RACE!!
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/3qk88

    Photoshop?

    The Evening Primrose Oil scandal is yet to break...

  4. Steve

    Steve Guest

  5. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Amgen sponsors a race team don't they? Aranesp being one of their
    products. I call it tongue in cheek advertising.

    Tom

  6. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Tom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Amgen sponsors a race team don't they? Aranesp being one of their
    > products. I call it tongue in cheek advertising.

    I think that they should pull completely out of bicycle racing. They can
    spend their advertising money on Big Wave Surfing.

    The same with all of the other sponsors who could possibly have their trade
    names and products abused either in jest or fact.

    We don't need any sponsors in bicycle racing. The pros all race for fun
    anyway don't they?

  7. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Umm, no they don't. But you knew this anyway.

    Hey, if they want to dump money into a local race team, why not?

    Do you condone teams that are sponsored say by beer companies? You can
    just as easily, or actually more easily abuse those products. It's
    not like you can buy EPO on every street corner in America, unlike
    beer...

    Tom