Nice Rack . . . but just for one . . . found!

Neil Brooks

Guest
On this thread: http://snipurl.com/eso4, I wondered aloud whether
anybody knew where I could get an oak, 1-bike freestanding bike stand.

It turns out, they're available from these people: Conde Rack. The
particular model I'm getting is: http://snipurl.com/eso7

Suitable for most living rooms, I'd say....

On Tue, 10 May 2005 22:46:29 GMT, Neil Brooks <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On this thread: http://snipurl.com/eso4, I wondered aloud whether
>anybody knew where I could get an oak, 1-bike freestanding bike stand.
>
>It turns out, they're available from these people: Conde Rack. The
>particular model I'm getting is: http://snipurl.com/eso7

i was looking at some racks at mec in toronto with
a bud. one was a park. when i flexed it, we both
said at the same time "kinda flimsy". if i were to
build one, it would be strong and sturdy. the only
problem i can see is finding the clamp part. the rest
of these stands isn't worth much more than scrap
metal.
....thehick

I've been getting a lot of e-mails with similar titles lately.

"Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I've been getting a lot of e-mails with similar titles lately.

I'd stop sending them if you'd stop doing push-ups.

Neil Brooks wrote:
> "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> I've been getting a lot of e-mails with similar titles lately.

> I'd stop sending them if you'd stop doing push-ups.

Ah, so YOU are Parquet S. Flourishes...and Stringent L. Flours...and...

:
: It turns out, they're available from these people: Conde Rack. The
: particular model I'm getting is: http://snipurl.com/eso7
:
: Suitable for most living rooms, I'd say....

Now, that's just silly! Everybody knows bicycles belong in the dining room!

Pat in TX

Tue, 10 May 2005 20:47:33 -0400,
<[email protected]>, frank-in-toronto
<[email protected]> wrote of Park workstands:

>the only
>problem i can see is finding the clamp part. the rest
>of these stands isn't worth much more than scrap
>metal.

The rack Neil was citing is a display stand instead of a workstand.

You could just buy Park's best clamp and fabricate your own stand or
mount it on a wall or bench.

MEC generally only stocks Park's consumer grade tools and can't order
for you the professional grade stuff that Park also makes.

http://www.parktool.com/tool_indexes/catindex_workstands.shtml
--
zk