Nice rack

On Mon, 29 May 2006 21:21:22 -0700, small change <[email protected]>
wrote:

> "NotaKnob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> That's not true. I found out that A.M-B had a FAQ.
>>
>> And I've got a bones rack. It's good on fart-can cars with a wing up
>> to at least 110 MPH. But it's not $59 except on eBay, maybe.
>>

> I've got a very serviceable one that I got for $12 at a yard sale, so
> there...

And now you've jinxed it... fast forward 1 week <penny's driving to her
favorite trial> "Honey," as she turns to her hubby, "What was that sound?"
____
Slack

I don't see anything wrong about asking about a good rack and I find it
more than slightly offensive to ban someone over it. When you see a nice
rack you want to yell out "nice rack!", end of discussion.

StatCat wrote:
> I don't see anything wrong about asking about a good rack and I find it
> more than slightly offensive to ban someone over it. When you see a nice
> rack you want to yell out "nice rack!", end of discussion.

Sorry, you are now banned as well.

Reason #1: For disagreeing with the moderator of
this newsgroup.

Reason #2: For using webtv.

Once again, I'm sorry but you cannot post here
anymore.

I'm officially banning you from riding your banana seat 3 speeder with
adjustable training wheels. I don't dig the color streamers either, take
them off.

Zilla wrote:
> Their (Saris) Bones racks are good too.

I find it very offensive that Julia comes in here with a post titled
"Nice Rack", and all you can come back with is to talk about bones...

On Mon, 29 May 2006 13:35:13 -0400, [email protected] (Julia) wrote:

>Thanks for nothing. What a shame it is to enter a newsgroup with a
>specific subject matter, pose a question & not get one helpful response.
>Whoever is in charge here should change the name to
>alt.mountain-bickering. Carry on.

a.m.b isn't the best place to ask that particular question. Yes,
there's a lot of noise (unless a killfile is employed to exclude the
spewage of a notable minority), but a little patience (it may take a
couple of days for *serious* replies to show up) is often rewarded.

As for the rack, I haven't used one of theirs, but the ones I've seen
looked decent.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

On Tue, 30 May 2006 03:56:42 GMT, p e t e f a g e r l i n
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Julia wrote:
>> Thanks for nothing. What a shame it is to enter a newsgroup with a
>> specific subject matter, pose a question & not get one helpful response.
>> Whoever is in charge here should change the name to
>> alt.mountain-bickering. Carry on.

>As the person currently in charge I take offense
>at your attitude, regardless of the problems that
>you have with your rack.
>
>Maybe it's time to turn this thing back over to
>GT, despite the fact that the last time I did that
>this newsgroup almost went tits up.
>
>No, too risky. I'm staying in charge.
>
>Julia, I'm sorry to inform you that you are now
>banned. You cannot post on this newsgroup any longer.

Sorry, no, you were king last week, and ISTR that the title passes
counterclockwise in months ending in E. Besides, the permanent
hereditary Presidency referendum that I held in the kitchen just now
ended in a six-way tie. There was one vote to stage a mass migration
to a new group without telling the principal trolls where we were
headed, and leave a group of Racter and Eliza bots[1] running to
respond to their spewage with messages posted using randomly generated
nics. There was one vote to order pizza[2]. There was one vote for a
UDP on AOL. There was one vote for Fafhrd (apparently cast by
Fafhrd)[3]. There was one vote for a Kona fixie[4]. And there was
one vote for Pat Paulsen[5]. There were five voters present, and two
abstained. Balloting was by the modified Austrian system.

[1] Neither Racter nor Eliza cast a ballot.

[2] without anchovies.

[3] This is based on the best translation we could obtain for
"meowrr"[6].

[4] It was pointed out that a fixie was automatically OT in a mountain
biking group.

[5] This may have been an uncounted ballot which remained in the box
from a previous poll.

[6] It is suspected that Fafhrd's ballot may have been forged, as
among the feline contingent present, only Mouser is believed to have
sufficient dexterity to hold a pen in his forepaws.
--

Werehatrack wrote:

> Sorry, no, you were king last week, and ISTR that the title passes
> counterclockwise in months ending in E. Besides, the permanent
> hereditary Presidency referendum that I held in the kitchen just now
> ended in a six-way tie. There was one vote to stage a mass migration
> to a new group without telling the principal trolls where we were
> headed, and leave a group of Racter and Eliza bots[1] running to
> respond to their spewage with messages posted using randomly generated
> nics. There was one vote to order pizza[2]. There was one vote for a
> UDP on AOL. There was one vote for Fafhrd (apparently cast by
> Fafhrd)[3]. There was one vote for a Kona fixie[4]. And there was
> one vote for Pat Paulsen[5]. There were five voters present, and two
> abstained. Balloting was by the modified Austrian system.
>

> [1] Neither Racter nor Eliza cast a ballot.
>
> [2] without anchovies.
>
> [3] This is based on the best translation we could obtain for
> "meowrr"[6].
>
> [4] It was pointed out that a fixie was automatically OT in a mountain
> biking group.
>
> [5] This may have been an uncounted ballot which remained in the box
> from a previous poll.
>
> [6] It is suspected that Fafhrd's ballot may have been forged, as
> among the feline contingent present, only Mouser is believed to have
> sufficient dexterity to hold a pen in his forepaws.

OK! No one can ever call me a computer geek or nerd again! I surrender.

Now go back to your re-runs of Star Trek and five year running D&D game.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Werehatrack wrote:
> On Tue, 30 May 2006 03:56:42 GMT, p e t e f a g e r l i n
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Julia wrote:
>>> Thanks for nothing. What a shame it is to enter a newsgroup with a
>>> specific subject matter, pose a question & not get one helpful
>>> response. Whoever is in charge here should change the name to
>>> alt.mountain-bickering. Carry on.

>> As the person currently in charge I take offense
>> at your attitude, regardless of the problems that
>> you have with your rack.
>>
>> Maybe it's time to turn this thing back over to
>> GT, despite the fact that the last time I did that
>> this newsgroup almost went tits up.
>>
>> No, too risky. I'm staying in charge.
>>
>> Julia, I'm sorry to inform you that you are now
>> banned. You cannot post on this newsgroup any longer.

> Sorry, no, you were king last week, and ISTR that the title passes
> counterclockwise in months ending in E. Besides, the permanent
> hereditary Presidency referendum that I held in the kitchen just now
> ended in a six-way tie. There was one vote to stage a mass migration
> to a new group without telling the principal trolls where we were
> headed, and leave a group of Racter and Eliza bots[1] running to
> respond to their spewage with messages posted using randomly generated
> nics. There was one vote to order pizza[2]. There was one vote for a
> UDP on AOL. There was one vote for Fafhrd (apparently cast by
> Fafhrd)[3]. There was one vote for a Kona fixie[4]. And there was
> one vote for Pat Paulsen[5]. There were five voters present, and two
> abstained. Balloting was by the modified Austrian system.

{footnotes snipped}

So what do we now know that perhaps we didn't before? Mainly that
Werehatrack is at least 40 years old. (I'm guessing 46.)

Bill "and used to watch the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour" S.

On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 02:33:08 GMT, "Sorni"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>So what do we now know that perhaps we didn't before? Mainly that
>Werehatrack is at least 40 years old. (I'm guessing 46.)

Off by a bit. 46 was during another administration.

>Bill "and used to watch the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour" S.

Guilty. (But it was the Smothers Comedy Brothers Hour, as I recall.)

--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.