nice road bike?

jackson123

Sep 5, 2007
what do u think of this GMC Men's Denali 700C 26" Road Bicycle ?? is it cool enough? my brother's birthday is coming. he is great fun of bilke trip. so wanna buy a decent bike for him. kinda love this stuff. cute outlook. plus, i love its color. but i am not sure its performance. what about its quality? is it a nice bike to buy?

It's one of the lowest models out there.

Some guys here dismiss department store bikes out of hand. I have used a few department store bikes (though not the denali) and gotten adequate service out of them but you need to be able to fix the things which will go wrong, or willing to learn.

department store bikes are often incorrectly assembled.

beyond that, the important thing is fit. Find out what his inseam is and make sure the top tube of a denali is at least an inch lower, but not too much lower because too small is bad too.

Never seen a department store bicycle assembled correctly from an employee of a department store. I would not let anyone I cared about ride a bicycle assembled by some schmuck at a department store.

I can't help but to go look at the cheap bikes while shopping department stores, and I just have to squeeze the brakes, or check them out in some way. The brakes NEVER engage, and parts are loose, tires are flat, etc. If you're going to buy a department store bicycle, have it assembled by a LBS.

jackson123 said:
what do u think of this GMC Men's Denali 700C 26" Road Bicycle ?? is it cool enough? my brother's birthday is coming. he is great fun of bilke trip. so wanna buy a decent bike for him. kinda love this stuff. cute outlook. plus, i love its color. but i am not sure its performance. what about its quality? is it a nice bike to buy?

Diamondback Insight 1 seems to get better reviews. It is a flat bar road bike, though. You can often catch them in the $250 to $300 range (about 60% of the M.S.R.P.). Savings on repairs in the long run may make up for initial price difference. You can order them online.