Nice rolling road !

zipp2001

Mar 30, 2007
Believe it or not but we do have roads in Massachusetts that are pot hole free (Not Many). Although I did have to go through The Burg (Fitchburg) pot hole heaven to get to this little piece of heaven. For February the sides of the roads were in much better shape than I expected.

How are your roads doing ?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACcgjtRDVKc

It looks like some great roads to ride. It must have been one of those really nice days we had in Feb. that you were out since you're wearing regular fingerless gloves. We've been pretty lucky with a mild winter overall. We just had that brutal cold spell that went around 2 to 3 wks. but other than that not to bad for snow or cold.

Reactions: zipp2001
The presence of potholes is the bane of cyclists especially here where the favorite road of cyclists is paved with asphalt and not cemented. Of course, asphalt is better than a concrete road for the asphalt is friendly to the wheels. However, asphalt is easily ruined by continual rains so potholes cannot be avoided. And although the local government is quick to patch the potholes, it's not really that quick at all for sometimes it takes weeks or even months. I am talking of the Ortigas Avenue Extension which has a lot of cyclists during weekends. They come by hordes.

February was much better for riding than March has been unfortunately. It would be good to get some of those warm sunny days back! At least we're headed in the right direction.

I believe that no matter what the weather is. I'm a big lover of winter cycling, no matter under the rain or snow. Winter makes you stronger rider and for sure you will burn much more fat in winter.

I'll tell ya, it's a rare treat to find pothole-free roads in Massachusetts, but I'm glad you found one! As for me, I stick to the off-road trails where the terrain is a bit more predictable. But I have to say, I cringe every time I see a rider hitting the trails without the proper gear or preparation. It's crucial to have the right tires, a well-maintained bike, and a helmet. I've seen too many accidents that could have been prevented with a little preparation. So, if you're planning to hit the trails, make sure you're ready to tackle whatever comes your way. And for the love of all things good, wear a helmet! ;)