General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Nice route in San Francisco?

Started by Brian · · Last activity · 5 posts · 341 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
30 March 2004
Last activity
5 April 2004
Original author
Brian
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
341
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi folks,

    I am visiting San Francisco next week on business and am
    looking for a 5-6 mile run. I'm staying near Union Square.

    Can anyone suggest a nice route, plus some information on
    how I get to the starting point (cab, trolley, etc)? I'm
    looking to start around 6.30 am or so.

    Views of the water would be a real plus ... I live in the
    Midwest ;-)

    Thanks, Brian

  2. From Union Sq: W on Post, L on Grant, L on California, R on
    Taylor, R on Washington, R on Powell, L on Clay, L on
    Kearney, L on Colombus, R on Grant, R on Lombard to the top
    of Telegraph Hill, back down Lombard, R on Mason, R* on the
    Embarcadaro, R on Market, R* on Powell back to Post/Union
    Sq. Maybe 5 miles.

    It may sound complicated, but other than turning R instead
    of L at the Embarcadaro and the turning R on Powell back to
    Union Sq (both turns marked with *), you'll be following the
    49M Scenic Drive which is marked with signs at every turn.

    Brian said:

    Hi folks,

    I am visiting San Francisco next week on business and am
    looking for a 5-6 mile run. I'm staying near Union Square.

    Can anyone suggest a nice route, plus some information on
    how I get to the starting point (cab, trolley, etc)? I'm
    looking to start around
    6.30 am or so.

    Views of the water would be a real plus ... I live in the
    Midwest ;-)

    Thanks, Brian

    --
    - The Trailrunner

    Anti-Spam Alert: If you wish to reply, cut the *BS*

    Trails of The Diablo Valley *Running - Hiking - Nature*
    geocities.com6016

  3. Brian <[email hidden]> wrote in
    :"]news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    Hi folks,

    I am visiting San Francisco next week on business and am
    looking for a 5-6 mile run. I'm staying near Union Square.

    Can anyone suggest a nice route, plus some information on
    how I get to the starting point (cab, trolley, etc)? I'm
    looking to start around
    6.30 am or so.

    Views of the water would be a real plus ... I live in the
    Midwest ;-)

    I askes a similar question about a month ago. Below is a
    reply from rick++

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I'm looking for a few good routes for some 15 to 18 mile
    runs in the San Francisco area.

    Quoted message said:

    There many super-scenery areas with not too many cars. One
    run is the shoreline loop. Start at the Embarcadero under
    the Bay Bridge and run along the wharfs through Fisherman
    wharf to the marina green by the golden gate bdige then
    south through lincoln avenue then find the trails to lands
    end then down to ocean beach. Then close the loop turning
    inland at golden gate park. I recommend between the end of
    the park and the Embarcadero to take J or N street car,
    because that section is pretty urban.

    Another place is combine the golden gate area with the
    marin headlands. The headlands is mostly hills. You can
    run across the east side of the bridge. You can use the
    out-and-back method. You could run 60-75 minutes out
    then return.

    Phil M.

    --
    "Wisdom is the art of knowing what to overlook." -William James

  4. The prettiest five miles of runnable shoreline is to run
    from Aquatic Park at the end of Van Ness to the Golden Gate
    Bridge. I recommend running across the bridge too, but that
    adds another three miles. The Paowell-Hyde cable car runs
    from Union Square to Aquatic Park.

  5. rick++ said:

    The prettiest five miles of runnable shoreline is to run
    from Aquatic Park at the end of Van Ness to the Golden
    Gate Bridge. I recommend running across the bridge too,
    but that adds another three miles.

    I ended up doing this run. I ran up and down some bluffs
    along the ocean the day before and had jello legs ... so I
    skipped the bridge ;-)

    I really enjoyed the run. Thanks to all who replied in
    this thread.

    Brian

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.