Nice Touch, Alberto!

slovakguy

Mar 17, 2006
apparently grasshopper has snatched the pebble from the teacher's hand. (apologies to those who didn't have american television in the 70's for that "kung fu" starring david carradine reference.)

Analysis: Armstrong mind games won

you have to especially like a. c.'s "timing" for the gift giving.

"The gesture could be interpreted as the ultimate nice-guy act (no hard feelings, sorry I wasn’t able to get these to you earlier), but also could be considered razor-sharp gamesmanship (I won — remember? —and, by the way, old guy, the clock is ticking)."

slovakguy said:
apparently grasshopper has snatched the pebble from the teacher's hand. (apologies to those who didn't have american television in the 70's for that "kung fu" starring david carradine reference.)

"The gesture could be interpreted as the ultimate nice-guy act (no hard feelings, sorry I wasn’t able to get these to you earlier), but also could be considered razor-sharp gamesmanship (I won — remember? —and, by the way, old guy, the clock is ticking)."

If I were AC I'd have given Armstrong & Bruyneel $10 Hong Kong fakes :cool:

slovakguy said:

Sweet 70's reference! Thanks for reminding me that the clock has been ticking long enough for me to remember those episodes.

I can picture Armstrong and Contador in those roles:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5kBqrHphjo&feature=related"]YouTube - The Tao of Kung Fu #1 - "Fear is the only darkness."[/ame]

Yeah.

Bill Fotheringham picked up this story in yesterdays Guardian newspaper.

After giving the watches to the the former Astana Radio Shack riders, it was noted that none of them were seen wearing the watches as far as the author was aware.

When asked about this, one of Contadors entourage said "they're new watches afterall. Maybe they don't want to wear these new watches in order to save them from being scratched!!!!!!!!!!!"

Gotta love AC and his entourage:D:D:D:D:D:D

now i'll be off to the guardian to read his piece. should give me a smile.

I live in largo & was wondering if there are any other members from my area on here, looking for a riding partner ?.