Nicer Dicer

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by elaine, Apr 17, 2006.

  1. elaine

    elaine Guest

    Oh it looks so easy in the ads. Just put the stuff to be diced - onions,
    veggies etc. and they will be all chopped up. I saw one today at the TV
    store.

    Like a mandolin but less dangerous, I think. But it is expensive - $59.
    ONTH, if it works, I'd happily buy it...........sort of! Does anyone have
    one?

    Elaine.

    Tags:

  2. Nancy2

    Nancy2 Guest

    elaine wrote:
    > Oh it looks so easy in the ads. Just put the stuff to be diced - onions,
    > veggies etc. and they will be all chopped up. I saw one today at the TV
    > store.
    >
    > Like a mandolin but less dangerous, I think. But it is expensive - $59.
    > ONTH, if it works, I'd happily buy it...........sort of! Does anyone have
    > one?
    >
    > Elaine.

    Brand-new ones are less than half that price on Ebay.

    N.

  3. elaine

    elaine Guest

    "Nancy2" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > elaine wrote:
    >> Oh it looks so easy in the ads. Just put the stuff to be diced -
    >> onions,
    >> veggies etc. and they will be all chopped up. I saw one today at the TV
    >> store.
    >>
    >> Like a mandolin but less dangerous, I think. But it is expensive - $59.
    >> ONTH, if it works, I'd happily buy it...........sort of! Does anyone
    >> have
    >> one?
    >>
    >> Elaine.

    > Brand-new ones are less than half that price on Ebay.
    >
    > N.

    Really?

    Thanks, I'll check it out.

    Elaine

  4. "elaine" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Nancy2" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > elaine wrote:
    > >> Oh it looks so easy in the ads. Just put the stuff to be diced -
    > >> onions,
    > >> veggies etc. and they will be all chopped up. I saw one today at the

    TV
    > >> store.
    > >>
    > >> Like a mandolin but less dangerous, I think. But it is expensive -

    $59.
    > >> ONTH, if it works, I'd happily buy it...........sort of! Does anyone
    > >> have
    > >> one?
    > >>
    > >> Elaine.

    > > Brand-new ones are less than half that price on Ebay.
    > >
    > > N.

    > Really?
    >
    > Thanks, I'll check it out.
    >
    > Elaine

    I have something similar called an Alligator. It's available at
    Williams-Sonoma for $29.95 (I think), but if you shop around you can find it
    priced slightly less. Very nice if you dice a lot on onions (which I do).

    Chris in Pearland, TX

  5. Budd Tugley

    Budd Tugley Guest

    The Aligator is pretty good for dicing onions quickly, for the most
    part, but other foods like green peppers and apples tend to get
    "mushed" into the blades. It's nearly impossible to clean when this
    happens. Onions can become stuck, too. It's not my first choice for a
    chopping device. When it DOES work though, it makes a nice fine dice.

  6. "Budd Tugley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > The Aligator is pretty good for dicing onions quickly, for the most
    > part, but other foods like green peppers and apples tend to get
    > "mushed" into the blades. It's nearly impossible to clean when this
    > happens. Onions can become stuck, too. It's not my first choice for a
    > chopping device. When it DOES work though, it makes a nice fine dice.

    I've never found the Alligator not to work. When something gets stuck (and
    things do) I use a toothbrush to remove the stuff that sticks before I put
    it in the dishwasher... only takes a second or two.

    The last time I was in Williams-Sonoma I saw a mini-Alligator for garlic.
    Didn't buy it so don't know how well it works, but I would assume just fine.
    Think it was about $17.95... not on the web site though.

    Chris in Pearland, TX