Nifty gadget

Steph Peters

Guest
The pu****re fairy paid a visit this weekend, so DH and I both got the 'opportunity' to try out his
latest gadget. I was well impressed, it does exactly what it says it will. I have a suspicion that
everyone else has already heard of a Speed Lever from the Crank Brothers, but I hadn't.

Our bicycle stable has recently had an outbreak of worn tyres. DH has 23mm Continentals on a Mavic
rim, which according to the LBS is a notorious combination for being next to impossible to get on.
In putting on his new tyres DH managed to break my tyre levers, so off we pedalled to get a new set.
Alison at Bicycle Doctor suggested the Speed Lever, so DH got one. Folded up it looks similar to an
ordinary tyre lever. Picture at http://www.crankbros.com/ (after following a lot of links to enter,
products, accessories...) Having inserted it into the rim, the clever bit is that the vertical part
of the lever telescopes out to allow the end to be latched over the axle. Then the business end can
be rotated around the entire wheel, making getting tyres on or off a doddle. I shall be getting my
own this week. And some more puncture patches. Does anyone sell just patches any more?
--
From troubles of the world I turn to ducks. Beautiful comical things.
F. W. Harvey Steph Peters delete invalid from [email protected] Tatting, lace &

"Steph Peters" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> And some more puncture patches. Does anyone sell just patches any more?

Ben Haywards in Cambridge did last time I looked (but that's probably unhelpful!). Settle sell them
singly but may be persuaded to sell you a box of 100. At a guess Mike Dyason does.

cheers, clive