Night before ride carb loading

Eat anything low in fat and high in protien or carbs.

Protiens the best because it turns into carbs the next day and also it builds your muscles. You need carbs the day of the cycle more than the day before.

@David Gerchman, It depends on what type of carb loading you're doing, if you're styling it after bodyopus, you'll need a simple (high-GI) load but if you're styling it after the anabolic diet or evolutionary diet, then you need to go with a more complex shorter (low-GI) carb up. Most of the supercompensation done in cycling comes from a modified TKD/CKD theory, and even in studies it was hard to measure.

@RidingSeed, eggs are NOT a source of carbohydrates for refeeds (carb-ups), they only contain protein and fat.

I eat those. Sometimes cubed and steamed. Can blend them up and add things to make a mashed. Tons of fruit is another good one, that is an endless one.

I eat pasta to reduce the high cholesterol in the body and to relax muscle spasm if i have one.
Banana to give me a deep sleep, good night rest and to lower risk of muscle cramps.
And two hard boiled eggs to help build muscle strength and to prevent muscle loss.

I seldom prepare my food so most of the time I grab anything I can from a store. My favorite take with me is a small box of pizza I am thinking it is my treat for myself for going out and riding. I do not do it often though.

Usually spaghetti with twice as much hamburger meat then usually. That should give me my carb hit and protein fix for loading up the night before. Then in the morning its a light breakfast and some fluids.

joshposh said:
Usually spaghetti with twice as much hamburger meat then usually. That should give me my carb hit and protein fix for loading up the night before. Then in the morning its a light breakfast and some fluids.
whoaaa i think thats a great meal. maybe i should try that :)
more meat for the spaghetti anod thats more spaghetti for me lol.
i'll definitely try that. thanks for that idea.

joshposh said:
I'm not a pro biker though but when I have a long trip, I wake up earlier to have an early breakfast before the ride. Pasta is a good one because it is filling and it stays longer in the tummy, that means I don't get hungry for a longer time than when I eat bread or rice. The usual combination with my pasta is fried chicken drumstick. I would also drink 2 glasses of fruit juice for the vitamin C. Of course, I had to spend at least an hour of relaxation before I would proceed with that riding trip.

To really carb load you need to really put yourself through several very very hard days and induce carb depletion - otherwise you just end up eating too much the night before and need to take a big dump at some point in time. Eating more than usual the night before can also lead to you feeling too full and not sleeping as well as you might.

Eat a good meal the night before and the morning of a ride. As important is ensuring you're properly hydrated.