Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Night time lighting systems on a budget

Started by davebee · · Last activity · 5 posts · 1,618 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
25 January 2004
Last activity
28 January 2004
Original author
davebee
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,618
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Right folks, I am looking to equip myself with a lighting rig suitable for off road trail riding at night time. Would I be better off buying handlebar mount lights or headtorch type light? Whats good VFM and what isn't? Petzl headtorches look good. Can they be used in conjunction with a bike helmet?

  2. There's a huge range of lighting equipment available spanning a wide range of prices. I use and am very happy with my Lumicycle halogens - www.lumicycle.co.uk.

    Headtorches usually aren't bright enough for riding, although I do use my Petzl Tikka as well so that I've got convenient light for fixing punctures etc.

  3. I run a 10W vistalite on my helmet and a 5W on the bars

    works brilliantly and you can ride anything pretty much at 95% of day speed

    to keep costs down i'd just buy the lights and the mounting brackets (helmet and bars) then make your own battery packs and cables if you have the skill

    otherwise the killer is buying enough juice to keep em runnign for more than an hour or so

    if you want to know how to make the packs just ask and i can tell you

  4. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by Duckwah
    I run a 10W vistalite on my helmet and a 5W on the bars

    works brilliantly and you can ride anything pretty much at 95% of day speed

    to keep costs down i'd just buy the lights and the mounting brackets (helmet and bars) then make your own battery packs and cables if you have the skill

    otherwise the killer is buying enough juice to keep em runnign for more than an hour or so

    if you want to know how to make the packs just ask and i can tell you

    If you could email me at [email hidden] explaining how to make the packs then that would be awesome. Cheers. Dave

  5. buy them http://www.batterystation.com/nicads.htm
    you can hanve them made any way you want and most any power.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.