Nighttime bike light bling

All that's missing is a couple hits of XTC and a good route to the rave.

Reactions: jpr95
Yeah some of these new lights are pretty cool. I've seen the flashing one in front of me. They are quite distracting. I have that. It doesn't really bother you when you are riding and it is flashing below your face like that. I think it's good if you are on the road although they can certainly see it if it is just the light on. I would say it depends upon the conditions and where you are riding. I like it but prefer it to just be on, not blinking. Whatever makes you happy I guess.

JSWin said:
Yeah some of these new lights are pretty cool. I've seen the flashing one in front of me. They are quite distracting. I have that. It doesn't really bother you when you are riding and it is flashing below your face like that. I think it's good if you are on the road although they can certainly see it if it is just the light on. I would say it depends upon the conditions and where you are riding. I like it but prefer it to just be on, not blinking. Whatever makes you happy I guess.
This ones not that old...Running out of material? :D

I'm not sure how effective that would be, it does kind of look cool though.I bought a bontrager Ion flare light set.I don't like riding in the dark, but sometimes do early morning ones just before the sun comes up. Haven't used them yet.

http://www.bontrager.com/model/12973

This thread kinda reminds me of when a friend was suggesting about putting neon lights on his bike similar to how people put neon lights underneath their cars sometimes. Fun to talk about at the time and it would certainly make sure you'd be seen, but at the same time it would look a little idiotic.

It looks pretty cool. I don't know if I'd ever get one for my bike though since I hardly ever ride at night. Too many drunk folks driving around in the evenings, and I don't think that light will make a difference in the grand scheme of things.