Nijs AGAIN

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by jerry in vermont, Dec 4, 2005.

  1. gets a flat, looses like 20 seconds, still manages to win with a huge
    margin. Dang.

    JP was 13th. SURPRISE!

    Course looked WICKED. It snowed and then melted. Yah, sloppy. That
    is what Provi will look like if it snows this week.

    How many minutes left till nationals?

    Tags:

  2. Seems like Wetzikon is like that every year. Page finished towards the
    front of the also-rans again, not up with the heavy hitters. I hope
    last weekend wasn't a fluke. Gronendaal seems to be on some of his
    best form in awhile and with de Kneght back to the top after several
    years AWOL the Dutch prospects for worlds are looking a lot bighter
    than the last few years. Commeyne continues to flounder

    Do you know where Alberts was in the U23 race?.I saw he won a race in
    Belgium yesterday, did he skip the world cup?

  3. i think he skipped it.

  4. [email protected] wrote:
    > Seems like Wetzikon is like that every year. Page finished towards the
    > front of the also-rans again, not up with the heavy hitters. I hope
    > last weekend wasn't a fluke. Gronendaal seems to be on some of his
    > best form in awhile and with de Kneght back to the top after several
    > years AWOL the Dutch prospects for worlds are looking a lot bighter
    > than the last few years. Commeyne continues to flounder
    >
    > Do you know where Alberts was in the U23 race?.I saw he won a race in
    > Belgium yesterday, did he skip the world cup?

    I really think JP cracks top ten on a course where his handling skills
    make a bigger difference. Today looked just plain HARD and on course
    where euro roadie power trumps sick skills, he is up with the not quite
    good enoughers.

    He also had a shit starting position though, third row, and at wetzikon
    in the mud, that can create a 30 second gap in no time if the leaders
    decide to go, which they did early. you burn those matches early and
    then you cant follow the last lap attacks and drop a few spots. That
    is how he describes most of the world cup type races to me.

    He has to come into the season right after his road season, he had to
    do San Fran, just like Enrico Eglacius Franzoi and they both came into
    form late. Since the UCI points reset at zero now, you get hampered
    heavily by a bad start to the season.

    Anyway, 13th is solid. Trebon is suffering from europe-is-hard-itus.
    Hard in so many little ways that just ruin you.

  5. Carl Sundquist wrote:
    > "jerry in vermont" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >
    > > I really think JP cracks top ten on a course where his handling skills
    > > make a bigger difference. Today looked just plain HARD and on course
    > > where euro roadie power trumps sick skills, he is up with the not quite
    > > good enoughers.
    > >

    > Maybe he just needs some motorpacing work
    >
    > http://imageevent.com/dernysportuk/brunowalrave?p=32&w=4&c=4&n=0&m=48&s=0&y=1&z=2&l=0

    Maybe I shouldnt say this, but he added ALOT of MP work to his workouts
    last year, I think. problem before was no one with a scooter or car to
    pace him. IIRC every time i talked to him last year he had just come
    back from a double day with 2 hrs behind the scooter.

    Me, I'll take the couch any day.