Nijs the cannibal

> Groenendaal not happy after doing most of the work:
> http://www.cyclo-cross.info/images/fotos/artikels/fotos-25/foto-2583-200.jpg
>
> Actually Nijs played the perfect team mate (his own words) by allowing
> the gap and controlling the chasers. Then he sprinted past for the
> win, in the back of his mind the unique feats of getting 30 season
> victories and a clean sweep of the Superprestige races.

He was just saluting Nijs as #1.

In article <[email protected]>,
Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote:

> Groenendaal not happy after doing most of the work:
> http://www.cyclo-cross.info/images/fotos/artikels/fotos-25/foto-2583-200.jpg
>
> Actually Nijs played the perfect team mate (his own words) by allowing
> the gap and controlling the chasers. Then he sprinted past for the
> win, in the back of his mind the unique feats of getting 30 season
> victories and a clean sweep of the Superprestige races.

I declare this the official photo of RBR.

-RjC.

Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote:

> Groenendaal not happy after doing most of the work:
> http://www.cyclo-cross.info/images/fotos/artikels/fotos-25/foto-2583-200.jpg
>
> Actually Nijs played the perfect team mate (his own words) by allowing
> the gap and controlling the chasers. Then he sprinted past for the
> win, in the back of his mind the unique feats of getting 30 season
> victories and a clean sweep of the Superprestige races.

Hey, and while I'm replying, when the heck did 'cross become a team
sport?

I'm still smiling,

PS: here's hoping that Nijs is gracious enough to turn over an extra
helping of the prize money to Groeny. Do his friends call him Groeny?

On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 11:59:27 +0100, Ewoud Dronkert
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 20:22:36 GMT, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
>>> http://www.cyclo-cross.info/images/fotos/artikels/fotos-25/foto-2583-200.jpg

>> I declare this the official photo of RBR.

>Here's the official energy pack for in the backpocket:
>http://www.pocketshot.net/pocketshot.php

Available in five 'flavors'? That may get an rbr endorsement, but not
a LIVEDRUNK one. That's the kind of thinking that produced apple
martinis, forgawdsake.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Curtis L. Russell wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 11:59:27 +0100, Ewoud Dronkert
> <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> I declare this the official photo of RBR.

>> Here's the official energy pack for in the backpocket:
>> http://www.pocketshot.net/pocketshot.php

> Available in five 'flavors'? That may get an rbr endorsement, but not
> a LIVEDRUNK one. That's the kind of thinking that produced apple
> martinis, forgawdsake.

Ooooooo! They make an imartini?

wrote:

> On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 20:22:36 GMT, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> >> http://www.cyclo-cross.info/images/fotos/artikels/fotos-25/foto-2583-200.jpg

> > I declare this the official photo of RBR.

> Here's the official energy pack for in the backpocket:
> http://www.pocketshot.net/pocketshot.php

From the page.
> Pocket Shot is currently available in 5 flavors.
> Vodka
> Rum
> Tequila
> Whiskey
> Gin

What do they mean by `flavors?' What is in those things?

--
Michael Press

On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 14:22:55 -0800, Michael Press <[email protected]>
wrote:

>In article
><[email protected]>,
> Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]>
> wrote:

>> > I declare this the official photo of RBR.

>> Here's the official energy pack for in the backpocket:
>> http://www.pocketshot.net/pocketshot.php

>From the page.
>> Pocket Shot is currently available in 5 flavors.
>> Vodka
>> Rum
>> Tequila
>> Whiskey
>> Gin

>What do they mean by `flavors?' What is in those things?

100 % Everclear and flavoring. Diluted with something to make a profit
margin and not kill innocent bystanders. And with rum, you get a paper
umbrella.

And how do you make an Apple Martini? Tell Jobs that Microsoft first
came up with the gin martini (they didn't, but Bill Gates found the
guy that did and made him a millionaire...).

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

In article <[email protected]>,
Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote:

> Groenendaal not happy after doing most of the work:
> http://www.cyclo-cross.info/images/fotos/artikels/fotos-25/foto-2583-200.jpg
>
> Actually Nijs played the perfect team mate (his own words) by allowing
> the gap and controlling the chasers. Then he sprinted past for the
> win, in the back of his mind the unique feats of getting 30 season
> victories and a clean sweep of the Superprestige races.

By the way, it is worth noting that coming in fourth was that "do-nothing" rider
who only got a silver at worlds because "all the favorites crashed out." Funny, we
didn't hear anything about Page's ride from the usual suspects after Sunday's ride.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Fred Fredburger wrote:
> Ooooooo! They make an imartini?

And a zunetini.

On Feb 5, 9:13 pm, Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Groenendaal not happy after doing most of the work:
> >http://www.cyclo-cross.info/images/fotos/artikels/fotos-25/foto-2583-...

> > Actually Nijs played the perfect team mate (his own words) by allowing
> > the gap and controlling the chasers. Then he sprinted past for the
> > win, in the back of his mind the unique feats of getting 30 season
> > victories and a clean sweep of the Superprestige races.

> By the way, it is worth noting that coming in fourth was that "do-nothing" rider
> who only got a silver at worlds because "all the favorites crashed out." Funny, we
> didn't hear anything about Page's ride from the usual suspects after Sunday's ride.

1) rbr's favourite CXer didn't make the podium, so he's back to loser
status.
2) he didn't flip the bird at his teammate, attempt to kick a fan, or
get all pissy about beer tents. If CX is the professional wrestling of
cycling, then Page is Kurt Angle.