Nike HRM/SDM versus Nike HRM/SDM

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by David, Dec 9, 2003.

  1. David

    David Guest

    Hey All,

    So I've been waiting for the new version of the Nike SDM watch for some time now. It looks like
    it's finally out (since October). According to their website, the new watch is the Nike Triax
    Elite. It has SDM and HRM monitoring features as well as the ability to download everything to a PC
    or Mac. Cool!

    So my local running store has what I thought was this new watch... a brand new Nike watch with
    HRM/SDM... but upon closer inspection I found out that the watch does not have a computer link
    feature! It also looks different than the watch shown on Nike's site and is in fact the Nike Triax
    CV10. So what gives? Does anyone know? Did the Triax Elite get nixed in favor of the CV10 (sans
    computer link), or do the two products co-exist? I've sent an email to Nike, but of course, they
    have not responded. Surprise surprise.

    I'm not intersted in a watch without a computer link feature as one of the biggest pains with the
    previous version was typing all that data into your computer... assuming you want to keep that
    info... which I do.

    Also, before you all suggest the new Timex or Garmin options... I'm a Mac guy... so I want a watch
    that works with a Mac (Timex and Garmin don't). Besides that, I'm not fond of the 'data pod' you
    have to use with the Timex... or the arm band unit for that matter... too much crap to strap to
    yourself :) With the Nike unit, the foot pod just stays on your shoe the whole time so all you
    really have to do it put on your shoes and watch and head out :)
    --
    David Nova Scotia, Canada

    Tags:

  2. David

    David Guest

    Replying to my own post here :) I got tired of waiting for Nike to email me, so I tried the 1-800
    number, thinking that would be a major pain, but to my surprise, an actual human answered the phone
    and asked how he could help! Amazing. Anyway, in case anyone cares, there are in fact TWO new Nike
    Speed/Distance watches out... the Triax Elite SDM/HRM and the CV10 SDM/HRM. Both watches also come
    in a HRM-only model. The Triax Elite is a little more expensive and it the only one that offers
    computer uplink capability. It also has a pixel-based display as opposed to the standard type
    display. I have no idea what other differences there are, if any. I was also told that one of their
    offical dealers, that ships to canada, is eastbay.com... but I'm trying to see now if my local
    running store can get the Elite in Canada.