Nike Poggio IV

rudycyclist

Mar 14, 2006
Has anyone ever ridden with these Nike shoes? The new black ones with yellow accent look incredible. I've heard the Poggio I-III are not very fitting in your foot but in my June issue of Bicycling, they say that the fitting problem has been fixed. Is this true? Are they really worth $200?

Keep in mind Nike always runs a bit narrow, especially cycling shoes. I don't know about the newest generation but for me the older style was unbelievably awkward fitting when I tried them. And no, the build quality is not worth 200 dollars, not when compared alongside Specialized and Shimano. Whose feet does Nike design their shoes around?

I have the Althea I, and Poggio I, both are very comfortable shoes. Havent tried other footwear other than when I was shopping for cycling shoes. The Althea I, I wore for a year about 1500 miles and is in perfect shape. Nike has a 1 year warranty.

rudycyclist said:
Has anyone ever ridden with these Nike shoes? The new black ones with yellow accent look incredible. I've heard the Poggio I-III are not very fitting in your foot but in my June issue of Bicycling, they say that the fitting problem has been fixed. Is this true? Are they really worth $200?

rudycyclist said:
These definitely look stealthy, but I would also consider the Shimano 215b, whose specs are closer to that of the Nike "Lance" model and probably cheaper than the Poggio's.

http://www.shimano.com.au/catalog/cycle/products/shoe.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441780349&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302037554&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474395181400&bmUID=1146005627763