Nike See Lance Ride Commercial

Not bad. But is that a Sheryl Crow song playing in the background?
Wouldn't that be cute now.

Part of that commercial is also a direct ripoff (and probably intentioanlly)
of a Nike running commercial - the part where he is joined in the urban
streets by hundreds of other riders.

The last segment with the little kid is cool.

"deadbeef" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The Nike commercial has great video:
>
> http://www.nike.com/wearyellow/seelanceride/main.html
>
> It's an improvement over last year's "What are you on?" commercials.

"James Calivar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Not bad. But is that a Sheryl Crow song playing in the background?
> Wouldn't that be cute now.
>
> Part of that commercial is also a direct ripoff (and probably

intentioanlly)
> of a Nike running commercial -

How can it be a ripoff if Nike created both ads?
Dave

>From: "Dave H" [email protected]

>How can it be a ripoff if Nike created both ads?
>Dave

Ok so call it an intellectual and creative shortcut.
Bill C

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (TritonRider) wrote:

> >From: "Dave H" [email protected]

> >How can it be a ripoff if Nike created both ads?
> >Dave
> >

> Ok so call it an intellectual and creative shortcut.
> Bill C

Or "a lack of imagination".

--
tanx,
Howard

"Moby **** was a work of art, What the hell happened?"

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

> The last segment with the little kid is cool.

Agreed. They got the "desperately drafting" bit down exactly right. Best
of all, they knew to show the least possible to get the job done. You just
see the size of the wheel (small, telling you everything you need to know)
rather than a kid on a bike. You fill in the details yourself.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

"Dave H" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "James Calivar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Not bad. But is that a Sheryl Crow song playing in the background?
> > Wouldn't that be cute now.
> >
> > Part of that commercial is also a direct ripoff (and probably

> intentioanlly)
> > of a Nike running commercial -

> How can it be a ripoff if Nike created both ads?
> Dave

It is actually a ripoff of Forrest Gump (if you recall)

I thought it was a ripoff of Rocky.

Dave

"Tim Arnold" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Dave H" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "James Calivar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Not bad. But is that a Sheryl Crow song playing in the background?
> > > Wouldn't that be cute now.
> > >
> > > Part of that commercial is also a direct ripoff (and probably

> > intentioanlly)
> > > of a Nike running commercial -

> > How can it be a ripoff if Nike created both ads?
> > Dave
> >

> It is actually a ripoff of Forrest Gump (if you recall)

> >From: "Dave H" [email protected]

> >How can it be a ripoff if Nike created both ads?
> >Dave
> >

> Ok so call it an intellectual and creative shortcut.
> Bill C

The most creative commercial of the Giro thus far, IMO, is the old Motel 6
with the blind referee. I liked Bob Roll's commercials last year better
than this year. I'd love for him to do more of his Gino Bartali routine.

The scene of Krispy leading the bike messengers is funny. I'd love to see
him go up against the guys in Drag Race. He'd get smacked by a car within
the first 25 blocks.

"Mike Jacoubowsky" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > The last segment with the little kid is cool.

> Agreed. They got the "desperately drafting" bit down exactly right. Best
> of all, they knew to show the least possible to get the job done. You just
> see the size of the wheel (small, telling you everything you need to know)
> rather than a kid on a bike. You fill in the details yourself.
>
> --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
> http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

I wonder if the little kid represents a younger version of Lance himself.
He wasn't that good at football, but turned out to be a pretty good on
a bike....

"B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "TritonRider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > >From: "Dave H" [email protected]

> > >How can it be a ripoff if Nike created both ads?
> > >Dave
> > >

> > Ok so call it an intellectual and creative shortcut.
> > Bill C

> The most creative commercial of the Giro thus far, IMO, is the old Motel 6
> with the blind referee. I liked Bob Roll's commercials last year better
> than this year. I'd love for him to do more of his Gino Bartali routine.
>
> The scene of Krispy leading the bike messengers is funny. I'd love to see
> him go up against the guys in Drag Race. He'd get smacked by a car within
> the first 25 blocks.

Will you do a Drag Race with me?

"Sharon Peters" <[email protected]> wrote in message

news:<[email protected]>...
> > "TritonRider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > > Ok so call it an intellectual and creative shortcut.
> > > Bill C

> > The most creative commercial of the Giro thus far, IMO, is the old Motel

6
> > with the blind referee. I liked Bob Roll's commercials last year better
> > than this year. I'd love for him to do more of his Gino Bartali

routine.

> > The scene of Krispy leading the bike messengers is funny. I'd love to

see
> > him go up against the guys in Drag Race. He'd get smacked by a car

within
> > the first 25 blocks.

> Will you do a Drag Race with me?

Sharon Darling,

One does not "race" when one is in drag. You, of all people, should know
that.

> Sharon Darling,
>
> One does not "race" when one is in drag. You, of all people, should know
> that.

AND JUST WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT "RACING" FAT MAN? I THOUGHT YOU GAVE
UP ON IT BECAUSE OF THE INSIDEOUS CORRUPTION IN THE SPRINGS...

THANKS,
SHARON

PS: IF YOU PEOPLE ARE GONNA BITE MY STYLE, LAY ON THE CAPS BRO.....

"Sharon Peters" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > Sharon Darling,
> >
> > One does not "race" when one is in drag. You, of all people, should know
> > that.

> AND JUST WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT "RACING" FAT MAN? I THOUGHT YOU GAVE
> UP ON IT BECAUSE OF THE INSIDEOUS CORRUPTION IN THE SPRINGS...
>
> THANKS,
> SHARON
>
> PS: IF YOU PEOPLE ARE GONNA BITE MY STYLE, LAY ON THE CAPS BRO.....

Sharon Dearest,

You're lovely when you get worked up. You become absolutely radient.

All the best,
Your truest fan,
Brian

Rocky ran alone but picked up a huge string of kids behind him, or maybe
that was Rocky II. I seem to recall something about the kids just joining
as he ran by and it was not really planned, except for maybe a few. They
then gave each kid 5 bucks. Only reason I can say that I remember this is
that I was a big Rocky fan growing up.

Dave

"James Calivar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Dave Kiely" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I thought it was a ripoff of Rocky.
> >
> > Dave
> >

> Rocky ran alone, as I recall. 'Course it's been what - 20 years since I

saw
> that movie?

"Amit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<eTltc.27476
>
> > The scene of Krispy leading the bike messengers is funny. I'd love to

see
> > him go up against the guys in Drag Race. He'd get smacked by a car

within
> > the first 25 blocks.

> yea, cos Krispy's never been in a drag race :
>
> http://www.canadiancyclist.com/races04/georgia/stage1/images/DSC_0073.jpg

Nice photo, but I don't see any cars or pedestrians in the road. Go to
http://www.digave.com/videos/ and download Drag Race, if you haven't already
seen it..

"B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Amit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<eTltc.27476
> >
> > > The scene of Krispy leading the bike messengers is funny. I'd love to

> see
> > > him go up against the guys in Drag Race. He'd get smacked by a car

> within
> > > the first 25 blocks.

> > yea, cos Krispy's never been in a drag race :
> >
> > http://www.canadiancyclist.com/races04/georgia/stage1/images/DSC_0073.jpg

> Nice photo, but I don't see any cars or pedestrians in the road. Go to
> http://www.digave.com/videos/ and download Drag Race, if you haven't already
> seen it..

yeah, whatev'r. those couriers can weave between cars and **** but
they'd get smoked in a cat 3 crit.

"Amit" <[email protected]> wrote in message

news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Amit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > see

> > within
> > >
> > > yea, cos Krispy's never been in a drag race :

http://www.canadiancyclist.com/races04/georgia/stage1/images/DSC_0073.jpg

> > Nice photo, but I don't see any cars or pedestrians in the road. Go to
> > http://www.digave.com/videos/ and download Drag Race, if you haven't

already
> > seen it..

> yeah, whatev'r. those couriers can weave between cars and **** but