Nike See Lance Ride Commercial

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by deadbeef, May 26, 2004.

  1. deadbeef

    deadbeef Guest

    Tags:

  2. Not bad. But is that a Sheryl Crow song playing in the background?
    Wouldn't that be cute now.

    Part of that commercial is also a direct ripoff (and probably intentioanlly)
    of a Nike running commercial - the part where he is joined in the urban
    streets by hundreds of other riders.

    The last segment with the little kid is cool.

    "deadbeef" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > The Nike commercial has great video:
    >
    > http://www.nike.com/wearyellow/seelanceride/main.html
    >
    > It's an improvement over last year's "What are you on?" commercials.

  3. Dave H

    Dave H Guest

    "James Calivar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Not bad. But is that a Sheryl Crow song playing in the background?
    > Wouldn't that be cute now.
    >
    > Part of that commercial is also a direct ripoff (and probably

    intentioanlly)
    > of a Nike running commercial -

    How can it be a ripoff if Nike created both ads?
    Dave

  4. TritonRider

    TritonRider Guest

    >From: "Dave H" [email protected]

    >How can it be a ripoff if Nike created both ads?
    >Dave

    Ok so call it an intellectual and creative shortcut.
    Bill C

  5. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote:

    > >From: "Dave H" [email protected]

    > >How can it be a ripoff if Nike created both ads?
    > >Dave
    > >

    > Ok so call it an intellectual and creative shortcut.
    > Bill C

    Or "a lack of imagination".

    --
    tanx,
    Howard

    "Moby Dick was a work of art, What the hell happened?"

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

  6. > The last segment with the little kid is cool.

    Agreed. They got the "desperately drafting" bit down exactly right. Best
    of all, they knew to show the least possible to get the job done. You just
    see the size of the wheel (small, telling you everything you need to know)
    rather than a kid on a bike. You fill in the details yourself.

    --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
    http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

  7. Tim Arnold

    Tim Arnold Guest

    "Dave H" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "James Calivar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Not bad. But is that a Sheryl Crow song playing in the background?
    > > Wouldn't that be cute now.
    > >
    > > Part of that commercial is also a direct ripoff (and probably

    > intentioanlly)
    > > of a Nike running commercial -

    > How can it be a ripoff if Nike created both ads?
    > Dave

    It is actually a ripoff of Forrest Gump (if you recall)

  8. Dave Kiely

    Dave Kiely Guest

    I thought it was a ripoff of Rocky.

    Dave

    "Tim Arnold" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Dave H" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > "James Calivar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > > > Not bad. But is that a Sheryl Crow song playing in the background?
    > > > Wouldn't that be cute now.
    > > >
    > > > Part of that commercial is also a direct ripoff (and probably

    > > intentioanlly)
    > > > of a Nike running commercial -

    > > How can it be a ripoff if Nike created both ads?
    > > Dave
    > >

    > It is actually a ripoff of Forrest Gump (if you recall)

  9. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    > >From: "Dave H" [email protected]

    > >How can it be a ripoff if Nike created both ads?
    > >Dave
    > >

    > Ok so call it an intellectual and creative shortcut.
    > Bill C

    The most creative commercial of the Giro thus far, IMO, is the old Motel 6
    with the blind referee. I liked Bob Roll's commercials last year better
    than this year. I'd love for him to do more of his Gino Bartali routine.

    The scene of Krispy leading the bike messengers is funny. I'd love to see
    him go up against the guys in Drag Race. He'd get smacked by a car within
    the first 25 blocks.

  10. brian roth

    brian roth Guest

    "Mike Jacoubowsky" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > The last segment with the little kid is cool.

    > Agreed. They got the "desperately drafting" bit down exactly right. Best
    > of all, they knew to show the least possible to get the job done. You just
    > see the size of the wheel (small, telling you everything you need to know)
    > rather than a kid on a bike. You fill in the details yourself.
    >
    > --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
    > http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

    I wonder if the little kid represents a younger version of Lance himself.
    He wasn't that good at football, but turned out to be a pretty good on
    a bike....

  11. "Dave Kiely" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I thought it was a ripoff of Rocky.
    >
    > Dave

    Rocky ran alone, as I recall. 'Course it's been what - 20 years since I saw
    that movie?

  12. "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "TritonRider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > >From: "Dave H" [email protected]

    > > >How can it be a ripoff if Nike created both ads?
    > > >Dave
    > > >

    > > Ok so call it an intellectual and creative shortcut.
    > > Bill C

    > The most creative commercial of the Giro thus far, IMO, is the old Motel 6
    > with the blind referee. I liked Bob Roll's commercials last year better
    > than this year. I'd love for him to do more of his Gino Bartali routine.
    >
    > The scene of Krispy leading the bike messengers is funny. I'd love to see
    > him go up against the guys in Drag Race. He'd get smacked by a car within
    > the first 25 blocks.

    Will you do a Drag Race with me?

  13. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "Sharon Peters" <s[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > "TritonRider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]

    > > > Ok so call it an intellectual and creative shortcut.
    > > > Bill C

    > > The most creative commercial of the Giro thus far, IMO, is the old Motel

    6
    > > with the blind referee. I liked Bob Roll's commercials last year better
    > > than this year. I'd love for him to do more of his Gino Bartali

    routine.

    > > The scene of Krispy leading the bike messengers is funny. I'd love to

    see
    > > him go up against the guys in Drag Race. He'd get smacked by a car

    within
    > > the first 25 blocks.

    > Will you do a Drag Race with me?

    Sharon Darling,

    One does not "race" when one is in drag. You, of all people, should know
    that.

  14. "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > Sharon Darling,
    >
    > One does not "race" when one is in drag. You, of all people, should know
    > that.

    AND JUST WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT "RACING" FAT MAN? I THOUGHT YOU GAVE
    UP ON IT BECAUSE OF THE INSIDEOUS CORRUPTION IN THE SPRINGS...

    THANKS,
    SHARON

    PS: IF YOU PEOPLE ARE GONNA BITE MY STYLE, LAY ON THE CAPS BRO.....

  15. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "Sharon Peters" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > Sharon Darling,
    > >
    > > One does not "race" when one is in drag. You, of all people, should know
    > > that.

    > AND JUST WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT "RACING" FAT MAN? I THOUGHT YOU GAVE
    > UP ON IT BECAUSE OF THE INSIDEOUS CORRUPTION IN THE SPRINGS...
    >
    > THANKS,
    > SHARON
    >
    > PS: IF YOU PEOPLE ARE GONNA BITE MY STYLE, LAY ON THE CAPS BRO.....

    Sharon Dearest,

    You're lovely when you get worked up. You become absolutely radient.

    All the best,
    Your truest fan,
    Brian

  16. Dave Kiely

    Dave Kiely Guest

    Rocky ran alone but picked up a huge string of kids behind him, or maybe
    that was Rocky II. I seem to recall something about the kids just joining
    as he ran by and it was not really planned, except for maybe a few. They
    then gave each kid 5 bucks. Only reason I can say that I remember this is
    that I was a big Rocky fan growing up.

    Dave

    "James Calivar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Dave Kiely" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > I thought it was a ripoff of Rocky.
    > >
    > > Dave
    > >

    > Rocky ran alone, as I recall. 'Course it's been what - 20 years since I

    saw
    > that movie?

  17. Amit

    Amit Guest

  18. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "Amit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<eTltc.27476
    >
    > > The scene of Krispy leading the bike messengers is funny. I'd love to

    see
    > > him go up against the guys in Drag Race. He'd get smacked by a car

    within
    > > the first 25 blocks.

    > yea, cos Krispy's never been in a drag race :
    >
    > http://www.canadiancyclist.com/races04/georgia/stage1/images/DSC_0073.jpg

    Nice photo, but I don't see any cars or pedestrians in the road. Go to
    http://www.digave.com/videos/ and download Drag Race, if you haven't already
    seen it..

  19. Amit

    Amit Guest

    "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Amit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<eTltc.27476
    > >
    > > > The scene of Krispy leading the bike messengers is funny. I'd love to

    > see
    > > > him go up against the guys in Drag Race. He'd get smacked by a car

    > within
    > > > the first 25 blocks.

    > > yea, cos Krispy's never been in a drag race :
    > >
    > > http://www.canadiancyclist.com/races04/georgia/stage1/images/DSC_0073.jpg

    > Nice photo, but I don't see any cars or pedestrians in the road. Go to
    > http://www.digave.com/videos/ and download Drag Race, if you haven't already
    > seen it..

    yeah, whatev'r. those couriers can weave between cars and shit but
    they'd get smoked in a cat 3 crit.

  20. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "Amit" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > "Amit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]

    > > see

    > > within
    > > >
    > > > yea, cos Krispy's never been in a drag race :

    http://www.canadiancyclist.com/races04/georgia/stage1/images/DSC_0073.jpg

    > > Nice photo, but I don't see any cars or pedestrians in the road. Go to
    > > http://www.digave.com/videos/ and download Drag Race, if you haven't

    already
    > > seen it..

    > yeah, whatev'r. those couriers can weave between cars and shit but
    > they'd get smoked in a cat 3 crit.

    No question about that.