Nike Sphere

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by xeu, Nov 4, 2003.

1. xeu

xeu New Member

Has anybody used this interesting technology before? Popular Science wrote an article on it, and they were impressed. You can read a little on the different types here. I've been looking for something to insulate and protect my vital organs from the elements, and found a couple sphere jackets at niketown.com, which are actually made for running (all the gear at nikecycling.com is Dri-Fit).

Thanks.

Tags:

2. xeu

xeu New Member

Nobody has used it?

3. xeu

xeu New Member

Last time I'm bumping just to make sure.

4. stevek

stevek New Member

it does not look like they have enough venting. I think venting is more critical then what fabric that is used.

5. xeu

xeu New Member

90% polyester/10% spandex with panels on the side made out of a special wicking material. I assume it was made especially for keeping you warm when under heavy winds and adverse weather. Keep in mind I'm looking for a cold-weather insulator. What is usually the venting expected for this type of product? How can you tell it is inadequate?

xeu

6. stevek

stevek New Member

I have the burley jacket and i can open/close the arm vents and chest vents depending on the weather. at 40 degrees and a heavypoly shirt I usualy sweat a little bit with the vents open. about that I need some unzipping. below that I don't know yet. but a jacket without conroable venting on a bike to me is a problem. breathabl fabric is good but i think venting is the mos important. not so much when jogging.

7. rljones

rljones New Member