Nike Spiridon

"Doug Freese" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Well Fred, here's where I cum clean and apologize to the ol' thebillrodgers for being such a
> ********. I just found out I had half a banana still wedged up my ass, but my BF Donovan was able
> to pull it out with his tongue for me, and now I'm fine. I owe thebillrodgers a huge apology for
> harassing him when I knew he was right all along. It was just good fun while my Donny was away for
> the weekend on a business trip to Provincetown, Mass. I love you Bill, you are my idol, my hero,
> and the very reason I run.
>
> Your pal, Doug Freese

Sorry, the real Doug Freese knows my name and doesn't use hotmail.

Well Doug, I guess I can forgive you this time, I enjoyed the bantering once you showed you really
had no substance to argue with, and that you actually agree with me. Tell ya what, as a peace
offering send me your address, and I'll send you a weeks supply (55 gal drum) of KY jelly to you.

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 18:12:23 -0600, "TenKMan" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Sorry, the real Doug Freese knows my name and doesn't use hotmail.

Yeah, I hear he uses "hotmales" LOLOL But seriously, that sure sounds like the real Doug to me. And
here I thought his apology was sincere. I'll play the optimist here and until I hear different
assume it's him.

TenKMan wrote:

> Sorry, the real Doug Freese knows my name and doesn't use hotmail.

At times his smashmouth cockalorum, sans ratiocination, makes me laugh at him. A popinjay
comes to mind.

--

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 00:45:33 GMT, Doug Freese <[email protected]> wrote:

>TenKMan wrote:
>
>> Sorry, the real Doug Freese knows my name and doesn't use hotmail.
>
>At times his smashmouth cockalorum, sans ratiocination,

What the heck did he say? Translation anbyone?

>akes me laugh at him.

Then I did my job.

Some kind of ****-eroticism?

You're full of ****!

>>akes me laugh at him.
>

> Then I did my job.

That you did. A little like Andrew Dice Clay - funny for a second or two but got old real fast.

>>A popinjay comes to mind.
>

> Some kind of ****-eroticism?

Almost.

--

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 01:15:27 GMT, Doug Freese <[email protected]> wrote:

>PeTe wrote:
>

>> What the heck did he say? Translation anbyone?
>
>You're full of ****!

Ok.

>>>akes me laugh at him.
>>

>> Then I did my job.
>
>That you did. A little like Andrew Dice Clay - funny for a second or two but got old real fast.

The Diceman lives!

> popinjay comes to mind.
>>

>> Some kind of ****-eroticism?
>
>Almost.

I figured...

PeTe <[email protected]> wrote:

> Don't give the dummy hints, let him do his own web research. I lost
> 1.5 hours outta my life to prove him wrong, so he should too. Anybody dumb enough to believe the
> junk he is spewing about nike deserves to spend some time getting better educated. He's trying
> to defend a whole company with a long history of producing garbage shoes at inflated prices,
> based on one shoe that's designed to cater to 5,000 people in the whole USA. Laughable really.

Eh, whatever. I'm moderately company agnostic - if Nike started producing good shoes at reasonable
prices, I'd consider them. I figure after the media bloodbath they had, their 3rd world work
practices are about as (good,bad) as most other shoe companies, so there's no reason to turn a blind
eye _if_ they're actually making a good product. I'm not impressed with their products in general,
but - as one example - the SDM watch + pod is a pretty cool toy.

I'll let someone else do the research and the $100 to figure out if Nike's shoes are any
good, though.

On the other hand, my racing will probably always benefit more and more cheaply from a 10oz less ice
cream than from 2oz less shoe. Maybe once I start dipping down under 5 minute miles I'll appreciate
shoe weight a bit more. At 0.5oz lighter than my DS Verdicts (and $30 more), there'd have to be
something pretty impressively better about them to sell me.

Their flash-only website is a wee bit (!) annoying, though. Style over content... hmm.

-Dave

--
work: dga - at - lcs.mit.edu me: angio - at - pobox.com MIT Laboratory for Computer Science
http://www.angio.net/ (note that my reply-to address is vaguely despammed...) bulk emailers: I do

I like and run in Nike shoes (Span and Streak) and also have shoes from other manufacturers. But
there is nothing special about the Spiridon, in fact the reviews I've read have slammed it pretty
hard. There are tons of shoes in the 10 oz range with good rearfoot cushioning and stability. Here
are a few: Asics DS-Trainer, Mizuno Maverick, Adidas Rotterdam. These are proven shoes that have
gotten good reviews. These shoes have been advertised heavily and I think people are getting sucked
up in the Nike marketing hype. For what it's worth I have cut and pasted some of the Runners World
UK review.

Runners World: "There's also no forefoot Air, so the toe-off area doesn't feel well cushioned. The
contrast between the cushioned rearfoot and the hard forefoot doesn't make for a smooth ride.
Wear-testers also found the midsole narrow in the forefoot, which further limits the appeal. In
short The caged Zoom Air concept shows promise, but the Spiridon doesn't really deliver. Only
efficient, narrow-footed runners, who aren't too bothered about forefoot cushioning will favour it.
There are plenty of better shoes around for £20 less."

"Only efficient, narrow-footed runners..." Doesn't sound like a shoe suited for heel strikers to me.

Tramps like us... baby we were born to run.

news:<[email protected]>...

On 22 Sep 2003 22:16:12 -0700, [email protected] (bigsky) wrote:

>I like and run in Nike shoes (Span and Streak) and also have shoes from other manufacturers. But
>there is nothing special about the Spiridon, in fact the reviews I've read have slammed it
>pretty hard.

I'd heard that too, so it was quite amazing to see someone actuallly using this as an example of a
good shoe. I got a laff out of it anyways...

>There are tons of shoes in the 10 oz range with good rearfoot cushioning and stability.

OH NO! There can't be, only the nike gods could have made such a wonder of modern engineering
<snicker snicker>. The part that really cracks me up is that he not only claimed it was a great
shoe, but that nike was "the only one" with it on the market, when in actuality they weren't even
the 1st or 2nd to copy it.