Nike TV commercial - Lance!

Gemma Kernich

Guest
Was I just dreaming, or is Nike running with an ad on prime time tv here in
Aus, showing lance in a white skinsuit and TT helmet racing through some
asian city????!!! (only caught the end of it)
Gemm

Gemma Kernich said:
Was I just dreaming, or is Nike running with an ad on prime time tv here in
Aus, showing lance in a white skinsuit and TT helmet racing through some
asian city????!!! (only caught the end of it)
Gemm

I've seen a Lance ad off the Nike site, link was provided here on aus.bike I think just before the TfD. Genuinely interested in what you saw, ie: what channel, are you in Brisbane or elsewhere?

Congrats to Loretta Harrop for todays silver, she did herself & Luke proud! Top effort. :)

"cfsmtb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Gemma Kernich Wrote:
> > Was I just dreaming, or is Nike running with an ad on prime time tv here
> > in
> > Aus, showing lance in a white skinsuit and TT helmet racing through
> > some
> > asian city????!!! (only caught the end of it)
> > Gemm

> I've seen a Lance ad off the Nike site, link was provided here on
> aus.bike I think just before the TfD. Genuinely interested in what you
> saw, ie: what channel, are you in Brisbane or elsewhere?

nope, it wasn't the one that was around during the tour that can be found
here (I remember thinking how good it would be to show that on Aust TV, it
makes everyone who watches it want to go for a ride)
http://www.nike.com/wearyellow/seelanceride/main.html

This was a new one, its part of the nikespeed series of ads, there's a
tennis one and one with a shoe being 'born' out of another shoe.
I'm in Adelaide, and the ad was literally played about 30mins ago.... he's
racing through an asian city, and there's a piano guy playing and sort of
interchanging with him- and I don't get it! But it was certainly Lance
Armstrong! Channel 7.

cfsmtb said:
Congrats to Loretta Harrop for todays silver, she did herself & Luke proud! Top effort. :)

Now, if Robbo gets a place, I get to claim a bottle of Beam off poor
ol' Ironman Dave.. bwahahaha! :)

hippy

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 21:56:09 +1000, cfsmtb
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Congrats to Loretta Harrop for todays silver, she did herself & Luke
> proud! Top effort. :)

It was really an Aussie 1-2 finish!

Austrians will give her a million dollar bonus plus a house for bringing
home the gold, not bad for a girl from Geelong who met her destiny on a
backpacking trip to Europe.

Steve @ IDEAL

"Ken Oaf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 21:56:09 +1000, cfsmtb
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > Congrats to Loretta Harrop for todays silver, she did herself & Luke
> > proud! Top effort. :)

> It was really an Aussie 1-2 finish!

Found it:

http://www.nike.com/speed/index.jsp

It is a foul and terrible flash site, but if you can brave it, click on
"Fuel", then "Piano - 60 Seconds" and you will have some serious Lance
action.

SB

news:[email protected]...

Clayton Lee said:
Found it:

http://www.nike.com/speed/index.jsp

It is a foul and terrible flash site, but if you can brave it, click on
"Fuel", then "Piano - 60 Seconds" and you will have some serious Lance
action.

SB

"Gemma Kernich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "cfsmtb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Gemma Kernich Wrote:
> > > Was I just dreaming, or is Nike running with an ad on prime time tv

here
> > > in
> > > Aus, showing lance in a white skinsuit and TT helmet racing through
> > > some
> > > asian city????!!! (only caught the end of it)
> > > Gemm

> > I've seen a Lance ad off the Nike site, link was provided here on
> > aus.bike I think just before the TfD. Genuinely interested in what you
> > saw, ie: what channel, are you in Brisbane or elsewhere?

> nope, it wasn't the one that was around during the tour that can be found
> here (I remember thinking how good it would be to show that on Aust TV, it
> makes everyone who watches it want to go for a ride)
> http://www.nike.com/wearyellow/seelanceride/main.html
>
> This was a new one, its part of the nikespeed series of ads, there's a
> tennis one and one with a shoe being 'born' out of another shoe.
> I'm in Adelaide, and the ad was literally played about 30mins ago.... he's
> racing through an asian city, and there's a piano guy playing and sort of
> interchanging with him- and I don't get it! But it was certainly Lance
> Armstrong! Channel 7.

and what's wrong with flash? OK it aint for everything but then again programmers tryin (and copying) to design is how we got Windoze...

flyingdutch said:
and what's wrong with flash? OK it aint for everything but then again programmers tryin (and copying) to design is how we got Windoze...
cool ad tho. he dont arf look stoopid sittin at that piano. thawt he was gonna break out into 'chopsticks' :)

Clayton Lee said:
Found it:
http://www.nike.com/speed/index.jsp
It is a foul and terrible flash site, but if you can brave it, click on
"Fuel", then "Piano - 60 Seconds" and you will have some serious Lance
action.

I give up...

Let me state, for the record, Flash SUCKS!!!!!

I wont be too soon when that useless **** is totally removed from
the WWW and stomped to silicon death. It's amazing how something
called "Flash" can make browsing so damn slow.

hippy a.k.a. Captain Flash Hater :p

"flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote
in message news:[email protected]

[...]

> and what's wrong with flash?

It's a bandwidth hog. Most of the world is still on dial-up, remember.

--

A: Top-posters.

DRS said:
It's a bandwidth hog. Most of the world is still on dial-up, remember.

Yeah the way most people use it, it is. putting video in it is just nuts, and far too many amateurs plonk everything in the one file meaning you gotta wait for the wholr box-n-dice to download but taling advantage of its object structure fixes that. My pet hate is dropdown menus written with bad layer syntax so that the menu goes behind the content! Or javascript!! now why should one incorrect keystroke break an entire site???
If done correctly, the same graphical content can be made smaller than the equivalent html site. But hey its horses for courses. Most of the big corporate sites run thru asp which means they cant get spidered by search engines, whatya gonna do?
Anyways, who am i to talk after my last job has been to produce a client's ID and site in... yep. flash. they get besotted by the colour and movment like moths to flame (www.cpower.com.au)

"flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote
in message news:[email protected]

[...]

> Anyways, who am i to talk after my last job has been to produce a
> client's ID and site in... yep. flash. they get besotted by the colour
> and movment like moths to flame (www.cpower.com.au)

I've built a few asp sites but never one in Flash, fortunately. I hate
building web sites, I don't do it anymore.

--

A: Top-posters.