Nike's LIVE WRONG sporting theme!

You do understand that The Onion is a news satire site don't you......

Eden said:
You do understand that The Onion is a news satire site don't you......
Not with regards to cheating in cycling. It is 100% serious and correct!

Can you spell Hemopure or Acttovegin?

Norway cows gave blood to USPO in July 2000.

Nike will 'fix' it.

They always do.
LA and $300 sneakers are too profitable.

Steroids based TV college football starts this weekend! LIVE WRONG!

Swoosh.

i dislike lance as much as the next guy, but at least he does real good with his cancer foundation, even if he is hammy and possibly more driven by natual competitiveness than actual concern for others.

flandis and hamilton, on the other hand, are total shitstains. they had the nerve to actually beg for money for their expensive legal fees to fight their positives. armstrong may be a ****, and he may fling mud, but at least when he asks for charity it's for cancer.

SaintAndrew said:
i dislike lance as much as the next guy, but at least he does real good with his cancer foundation, even if he is hammy and possibly more driven by natual competitiveness than actual concern for others.

flandis and hamilton, on the other hand, are total shitstains. they had the nerve to actually beg for money for their expensive legal fees to fight their positives. armstrong may be a ****, and he may fling mud, but at least when he asks for charity it's for cancer.
Actually Tyler did start a foundation to fight MS (and is doing quite well, though MS isn't as hip of a disease as cancer, so it gets little recognition)and a friend of his started soliciting money to help his legal fees. Floyd started a fund that is intended to be used for any rider fighting to be treated fairly. These guys are saints compared to the evil LA has done to this world with his cohorts at Nike!

SaintAndrew said:
Really?

Who dislikes lance Pharmstrong? He is merely another steroid created marketing tool. Cheap Nike sneaker sales gear.

How do you know LAF does good works? Did Nike tell you so?

How are payments to insiders eg: Dr. Craig Nichols helpful to sick people?

Perhaps the Live Strong Foundation is a marketing fraud too? Yah think?

Do three wrongs make a right?

1) steroid doping leading to testicular Cancer
2) using research drugs and methods to race bikes post chemo
3) creating a foundation in order to dodge doping questions and imagery

SaintAndrew said:
These drug cheats are wholly irrelevant and forgetable. Only Lance mattered.

In matters of fraud, doping, it always boils down to apologists picking and chosing thier personal favorite laundry and/or theme. Ulrich vrs Armstrong, Kloden vrs Vino, Hincapie vrs Andreu.

Doctor.House said:
Really?

How do you know LAF does good works? Did Nike tell you so?
The link below is from a blogger, who regularly shares a similar position to Dr House (albiet with humor in place of acid tounge). after his wife contracted cancer, he contacted the LAF and had nothing but praise about it.

Based on the potential for the LAF to do good and unless I hear FIRST HAND reports from people like the fat cyclist discrediting the LAF I am going to completely separate these 3 issues.
LA the man
LA the cyclist
LAF

http://www.fatcyclist.com/2007/05/25/why-i-am-not-writing-a-fake-news-piece-about-doping-today/

Ted Bundy the loyal son

Ted Bundy the political fund raiser

Ted Bundy the law student

Ted Bundy the alleged serial murderer/

Ted Bundy the convicted killer

Ted Bundy Bundy the dead e-chair martyr.

Easier for some to distinguish. Others may tend to blend the elements.

OJ the USC and NFL star or Simpson double murderer wife beater?

hoggy said:
The link below is from a blogger, who regularly shares a similar position to Dr House (albiet with humor in place of acid tounge). after his wife contracted cancer, he contacted the LAF and had nothing but praise about it.

Based on the potential for the LAF to do good and unless I hear FIRST HAND reports from people like the fat cyclist discrediting the LAF I am going to completely separate these 3 issues.
LA the man
LA the cyclist
LAF

http://www.fatcyclist.com/2007/05/25/why-i-am-not-writing-a-fake-news-piece-about-doping-today/

JohnO said:
Ahhh, you're just ****** because he got away with it.

Did he?

Which time? 1996?

Pissing into the wind is dangerous with toxic liver function.

Be very careful.

welcome back Doc, you may talk in riddles sometimes but i kinda enjoy your posts in a funny kinda a way

ad9898 said:
welcome back Doc, you may talk in riddles sometimes but i kinda enjoy your posts in a funny kinda a way
Yeh lol, even if some of the guys on this forum get annoyed by him, you can't deny he's a character. Always brings a smile to my face anyway heh. With his crazy schizophrenic, multiple forum usernames and all.

Doctor.Tom.M said:
My fellow Doctor is a sharp one realizing that the Onion slips in real stories to go with the humor ones. Some examples for those of you apologists:
You are both.....of the same ....

yeloooooo said:
Yeh lol, even if some of the guys on this forum get annoyed by him, you can't deny he's a character. Always brings a smile to my face anyway heh. With his crazy schizophrenic, multiple forum usernames and all.

I think you mean sage wisdom with uncanny accuracy and wit.

Envy becomes you yeloooooo. Green, not yellow.

Conversely, Timmy Lamkin is a sad loney man of no substance.

ahahahaha there has never been any research linking any steroid to any cancer. there is that chance that even then lance was on some kind of ultra-exotic PED that cuased cancer, but :rolleyes: seriously.

ENLARGED PROSTATE

Next, the issue of prostate enlargement, which is a problem seen with aging males. This is not something you typically see in younger men, unless they’re taking anabolic steroids. Over the course of an average life span, the male prostate gland naturally grows thirty times its original size. It doesn’t need the help of additional testosterone to grow to the size of a grapefruit. However, when large amounts of synthetic testosterone are involved, the prostate grows faster. The long term effect of that is prostate cancer. It is medically proven that the cancer loves the taste of testosterone, which feeds the growth of cancer cells.

Read more at: http://www.steroidabuse.com/side-effects-of-steroids.html

Steroid use linked to increased risk of skin cancer, lymphoma (Read more)

Vital Organs: Prolonged heavy use of steroids can permanently damage the liver, causing cancer, jaundice, bleeding, and hepatitis. Steroids can impair the kidneys leading to kidney stones and kidney disease. (see http://dwb.unl.edu/)

The liver is also effected as steroids have caused liver tumors. This in turn can cause internal bleeding. Jaundice can also develop which is a serious liver disease that has flu like symptoms, which mostly occurs with high dosages. These symptoms will only occur if you abuse steroids by going straight into high doses. The effects from steroids can also cause cancer and peliosis hepatis which is. (Read more)

That might be relevent if LA had prostate cancer....... but he had testicular cancer, close in area, but not quite the same thing. Unfortunately for the men who get it, testicular cancer is generally a younger man's disease. Fortunately for the men who get it, if it is caught in time, it is usually a very curable disease.