Nimble Wheels

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bg, Apr 1, 2003.

  1. Bg

    Bg Guest

    Tags:

  2. Mick

    Mick Guest

    I have a set of Nimble Crosswinds. They are extremely light, aero and fast. I'm very satisfied
    with the wheels and have had no problems after using them for 1 year. I don't use them as daily
    use wheels. I only use them occassionally by my own choosing. I prefer to train with heavier less
    aero wheels.

    BentMick

  3. A&B

    A&B Guest

    Mick, Thanks for reply. Umm, err..if I may ask, how much do you weigh and how many spokes do your
    wheels have? bill g

  4. bg wrote:
    > Anyone have any familiarty with these wheels?

    I remember I was reading a bit on them, since I was looking around for a lightweight set of wheels
    to ride on some mountains. But then on their "clincher wheels" page, it mentions something about the
    wheels' braking surfaces, and how they are not suited for long downhills or any prolonged braking
    situations. So I continued to shop around.

  5. A&B

    A&B Guest

    Joao, Well that won't do in the lumpy area I ride. thanks, bill g

  6. bg <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Anyone have any familiarty with these wheels? http://www.nimble.net/ thanks, bill g

    I have the Nimble Spiders. These are even lighter then the Crosswinds, though not as aero. I bought
    them for climbing since, recumbents are *aero* enough. The Nimble Fly is even lighter!

    I am really happy with the Spiders. I would buy them again, or maybe the Crosswinds next.

    Pic here: http://www.reynoldsweldlabs.com/Tony/Birth.of.a.tbone.htm (third picture down)

    Safe roads,

    Tony Licuanan Seattle, WA

  7. Bg

    Bg Guest

    Tony, Nice looking bike. Do you use the tri-spokes or Nimbles more? I'm wondering about
    durability. They look like 28 spoke. Is that correct? Hard to count 'em with the wheels next to
    each other. bill g

    Tony Licuanan wrote:

    > bg <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Anyone have any familiarty with these wheels? http://www.nimble.net/ thanks, bill g
    >
    > I have the Nimble Spiders. These are even lighter then the Crosswinds, though not as aero. I
    > bought them for climbing since, recumbents are *aero* enough. The Nimble Fly is even lighter!
    >
    > I am really happy with the Spiders. I would buy them again, or maybe the Crosswinds next.
    >
    > Pic here: http://www.reynoldsweldlabs.com/Tony/Birth.of.a.tbone.htm (third picture down)
    >
    > Safe roads,
    >
    > Tony Licuanan Seattle, WA

  8. Mick

    Mick Guest

    I weigh 230 lbs. They're the 3 spoke crosswinds.

    BentMick