Nipple out of Zipp rim

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by John Forrest To, Jun 10, 2003.

  1. A spoke broke on a wheel with Zipp 303 rims and I lost the nipple inside the rim. Any tricks to
    getting the nipple out? I tried shaking the thing around for awhile but got nowhere.

    JT

    Tags:

  2. Fastrack

    Fastrack Guest

    On 10 Jun 2003 09:54:00 -0700, [email protected] (John Forrest Tomlinson) wrote:

    >A spoke broke on a wheel with Zipp 303 rims and I lost the nipple inside the rim. Any tricks to
    >getting the nipple out? I tried shaking the thing around for awhile but got nowhere.
    >
    >JT

    Ream out the valve hole a bit and shake the rim till the nipple drops out.

    Should not be a big deal.

    Dave Lettieri FasTrack Bicycles 118 W. Canon Perdido Santa Barbara, CA 93101 805-884-0210
    775-248-7632 Fax 805-680-7094 Cell

    www.fastrackbicycles.com

  3. Mike Krueger

    Mike Krueger Guest

    << >A spoke broke on a wheel with Zipp 303 rims and I lost the nipple
    >inside the rim. Any tricks to getting the nipple out? I tried shaking the thing around for awhile
    >but got nowhere.

    Ream out the valve hole a bit and shake the rim till the nipple drops out. >>

    Hold the rim vertically with the valve hole at the lowest point, and gently bounce the wheel on
    carpeting. This will dislodge it out the bottom more quickly than random shaking.