Nitezone bar end lights...

Paul Rudin

Guest
.... anyone tried these?

<http://www.kinetics-online.co.uk/html/nitezone_leds.html>

I've ordered some since they look interesting.

I rode home the other night behind a guy with a set of bar end lights on. Not sire if they were the same make but the worked really well as a supplemetn to a main light.

Paul Rudin wondered:
> .... anyone tried these?
>
> <http://www.kinetics-online.co.uk/html/nitezone_leds.html>
>
> I've ordered some since they look interesting.

I followed someone last week who was using these, or something very
similar, in the ends of his drops. *Very* effective. Until I got
pretty close I thought he had 3 decent lights on his rack, I was quite
surprised when I realised that the outer two lights were on the
handlebar ends.

Paul Rudin <[email protected]> said:

> ... anyone tried these?
>
><http://www.kinetics-online.co.uk/html/nitezone_leds.html>
>
> I've ordered some since they look interesting.

They look like the dogs for my fixie. Unfortunately my tourer[1] bike has
bar-end shifters so I can't try them there. I think I'll also order a pair
in the new year.

Regards,

[1] Not that I use it much. It's a bit too lumbering for round-town.

David Nutter wrote:
> Paul Rudin <[email protected]> said:
>
>>... anyone tried these?
>>
>><http://www.kinetics-online.co.uk/html/nitezone_leds.html>
>>
>>I've ordered some since they look interesting.

> They look like the dogs for my fixie. Unfortunately my tourer[1] bike has
> bar-end shifters so I can't try them there. I think I'll also order a pair
> in the new year.
>
> Regards,
>
> [1] Not that I use it much. It's a bit too lumbering for round-town.

you could always try putting one of those Photon lights towards the ends
of the drops. They would clip on with bar-cons on drops OK.

>I followed someone last week who was using these, or something very
>similar, in the ends of his drops. *Very* effective. Until I got
>pretty close I thought he had 3 decent lights on his rack, I was quite
>surprised when I realised that the outer two lights were on the
>handlebar ends.

Oh that is good. I got some for Nathan's bike this week - the bike he uses to
go to college & back, as he rides during hours of darkness far more than I do -
so it's useful to read feedback. They shall be inserted in the appropriate ends
this very day!

Cheers, helen s

h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$

> Oh that is good. I got some for Nathan's bike this week - the bike he uses to
> go to college & back, as he rides during hours of darkness far more than I do -
> so it's useful to read feedback. They shall be inserted in the appropriate ends
> this very day!

What does this take the light total up to? Have you bought him a dynohub
to power all these lights yet? :)

Jon

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> Oh that is good. I got some for Nathan's bike this week - the bike he uses

> go to college & back, as he rides during hours of darkness far more than I

do -
> so it's useful to read feedback. They shall be inserted in the appropriate

ends
> this very day!

Red sky in the west -- Welsh nationalists burning incomers cottages again.

Red sky in the east -- Nathan riding his bike after dark.

:~)

Jon Senior wrote:
> dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote:
>
>> Oh that is good. I got some for Nathan's bike this week - the bike he
>> uses to
>> go to college & back, as he rides during hours of darkness far more
>> than I do -
>> so it's useful to read feedback. They shall be inserted in the
>> appropriate ends
>> this very day!

> What does this take the light total up to? Have you bought him a dynohub
> to power all these lights yet? :)

Dynohub be damned.. small thermonuclear powerplant more like..

...d

David Martin wrote:

> Dynohub be damned.. small thermonuclear powerplant more like..

Helps to live near Sizewell ;-)

Tony

>Dynohub be damned.. small thermonuclear powerplant more like..
>
>..d

About right ;-)

Cheers, helen s

h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$

> so it's useful to read feedback.

I second that as I have been looking at similar recently. Thanks all.

d.

Paul Rudin wrote:
> ... anyone tried these?
>
> <http://www.kinetics-online.co.uk/html/nitezone_leds.html>
>
> I've ordered some since they look interesting.

Yes both the straight and drop handle bar versions. The straight ones
on the triplet are not very sucessful, to easy to damage, to easy to get
switched on by accident when the bike is leant against a wall.

The drop ones on the other hand function well, but how much they
actually improve how well I can be seen I'm not sure, but they are fun.

Chris

Chris Gerhard wrote:

>> <http://www.kinetics-online.co.uk/html/nitezone_leds.html>
>>
>> I've ordered some since they look interesting.

> Yes both the straight and drop handle bar versions. The straight ones
> on the triplet are not very sucessful, to easy to damage, to easy to get
> switched on by accident when the bike is leant against a wall.
>
> The drop ones on the other hand function well, but how much they
> actually improve how well I can be seen I'm not sure, but they are fun.
>
> Chris

As a caged commuter, riding is out in the winter these days and the
trains are ****, I've seen them and yes they do help!