Nitto #177 "Noodle"

Llatikcuf wrote:
> Came UPS this morning from Rivendell. Took some pictures, typed a small
> review for those who might be interested.
>
> http://llatikcuf.home.comcast.net/nitto/nittobar.htm

Nate,

How do the bars feel when you ride on the tops (if you ever do)? It's
hard to tell how pronounced that initial curve is, but doesn't seem
ergonomic. Granted, you may just ride on the hoods and drops, in which
case it's not an issue.
\\paul

"Llatikcuf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Came UPS this morning from Rivendell. Took some pictures, typed a small
> review for those who might be interested.
>
> http://llatikcuf.home.comcast.net/nitto/nittobar.htm

Nice pics! What size did you get? I've been riding 46cm Noodles for about
the last 6 months and I love them. I actually have the ramps tilted up about
2 degrees for the bullhorn effect. Lots and lots of comfortable hand
positions, but my favorite is on the ramps.

A well-thought-out, beautifully crafted piece of hardware.

-Hank

"Paul Hobson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Llatikcuf wrote:
>> Came UPS this morning from Rivendell. Took some pictures, typed a small
>> review for those who might be interested.
>>
>> http://llatikcuf.home.comcast.net/nitto/nittobar.htm

> Nate,
>
> How do the bars feel when you ride on the tops (if you ever do)? It's
> hard to tell how pronounced that initial curve is, but doesn't seem
> ergonomic. Granted, you may just ride on the hoods and drops, in which
> case it's not an issue.
> \\paul

I ride the tops all the time, in fact I got some inline cheater levers so I
could brake from up there. The bars actually go through the valley of your
palms. I know there's a nerve there, but I've experienced zero numbness from
that hand position.

-Hank

Paul Hobson wrote:
> Llatikcuf wrote:
> > Came UPS this morning from Rivendell. Took some pictures, typed a small
> > review for those who might be interested.
> >
> > http://llatikcuf.home.comcast.net/nitto/nittobar.htm

> Nate,
>
> How do the bars feel when you ride on the tops (if you ever do)? It's
> hard to tell how pronounced that initial curve is, but doesn't seem
> ergonomic. Granted, you may just ride on the hoods and drops, in which
> case it's not an issue.
> \\paul

They feel good! They are curved like mountain bars, more natural
feeling. I don't ride with my hands there much, but I do like to ride
with my hands open, palms on the curve of the bar. I really like this
bar. Rivendell has a better picture:

http://www.rivbike.com/images/catpics/16-111.jpg

-nate

Hank Wirtz wrote:
> "Llatikcuf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Came UPS this morning from Rivendell. Took some pictures, typed a small
> > review for those who might be interested.
> >
> > http://llatikcuf.home.comcast.net/nitto/nittobar.htm

> Nice pics! What size did you get? I've been riding 46cm Noodles for about
> the last 6 months and I love them. I actually have the ramps tilted up about
> 2 degrees for the bullhorn effect. Lots and lots of comfortable hand
> positions, but my favorite is on the ramps.
>
> A well-thought-out, beautifully crafted piece of hardware.

I got a 44, that's what I have always ridden. I would have to go and
try a 46 before I slap the cash down.

-nate

<snippage of Nitto Noodle discussion>

Ya know, I know this bar is kinda neo-retro with a twist and I love the
flat tops at the brifteur attachment point but I just can't get
comfortable with the classic round bend. Too much pressure on the
outside edges of my palm when not at the very bottom of the bar.

Do they make an "anatomic" version?

D'ohBoy

D'ohBoy wrote:
> <snippage of Nitto Noodle discussion>
>
> Ya know, I know this bar is kinda neo-retro with a twist and I love the
> flat tops at the brifteur attachment point but I just can't get
> comfortable with the classic round bend. Too much pressure on the
> outside edges of my palm when not at the very bottom of the bar.
>
> Do they make an "anatomic" version?

TTT Morphe. Still available.

> D'ohBoy

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have the 48 cm version of these bars on two of my bikes. They are
> easily the most comfortable bars I have ever ridden. Great bars.

They make a 48cm? Damn, I bought my 46cm Salsas without doing enough
research first. If I had seen these in a 48 I would have bought them.

Greg

"D'ohBoy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> <snippage of Nitto Noodle discussion>
>
> Ya know, I know this bar is kinda neo-retro with a twist and I love the
> flat tops at the brifteur attachment point but I just can't get
> comfortable with the classic round bend.

I saw this mentioned earlier but I'm not seeing this in the pictures. What
do you mean by the flat tops at the brifter area?

Greg

G.T. wrote:
> "D'ohBoy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > <snippage of Nitto Noodle discussion>
> >
> > Ya know, I know this bar is kinda neo-retro with a twist and I love the
> > flat tops at the brifteur attachment point but I just can't get
> > comfortable with the classic round bend.

> I saw this mentioned earlier but I'm not seeing this in the pictures. What
> do you mean by the flat tops at the brifter area?

Most bars have some drop between the tops and where the hoods mount.
This bar is designed to have a level surface from the tops to the
hoods. Look at the photos.
-nate

Llatikcuf wrote:
> G.T. wrote:
>
>>"D'ohBoy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>
>>><snippage of Nitto Noodle discussion>
>>>
>>>Ya know, I know this bar is kinda neo-retro with a twist and I love the
>>>flat tops at the brifteur attachment point but I just can't get
>>>comfortable with the classic round bend.

>>I saw this mentioned earlier but I'm not seeing this in the pictures. What
>>do you mean by the flat tops at the brifter area?
>>

> Most bars have some drop between the tops and where the hoods mount.
> This bar is designed to have a level surface from the tops to the
> hoods. Look at the photos.
> -nate

Got the picture now. Thanks.

Greg

--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine

>They make a 48cm? Damn, I bought my 46cm Salsas without doing enough
>research first. If I had seen these in a 48 I would have bought them.

>Greg

Yeah, I believe they are made special order for Rivendale. The 48's
are really comfortable for me, as my shoulders are pretty wide.

those look great! i still trying to decide whether or not to get a
pair. the appeal is that flat portion ...looks SUPER comfortbale.

what brakes levers are those?

i'll be very interested in a conclusion.

Llatikcuf wrote:
> Came UPS this morning from Rivendell. Took some pictures, typed a small
> review for those who might be interested.
>
> http://llatikcuf.home.comcast.net/nitto/nittobar.htm
>
> -nate

> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> I have the 48 cm version of these bars on two of my bikes. They are
>> easily the most comfortable bars I have ever ridden. Great bars.
>>

> They make a 48cm? Damn, I bought my 46cm Salsas without doing enough
> research first. If I had seen these in a 48 I would have bought them.
>
> Greg

It's not too late, they still got 'em!

Here ya go:

http://www.rivbike.com/webalog/handlebars_stems_tape/16111.html

On 7 Apr 2006 13:04:10 -0700, "sal bass" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>those look great! i still trying to decide whether or not to get a
>pair. the appeal is that flat portion ...looks SUPER comfortbale.

How does the flat vary from a traditional pair of drop bars ? I see
the slight swoop to the rear... but I don't see anything different
about the "flat"

sal bass wrote:
> those look great! i still trying to decide whether or not to get a
> pair. the appeal is that flat portion ...looks SUPER comfortbale.
>
> what brakes levers are those?
>
> i'll be very interested in a conclusion.

Tektro R200A -- They are the same as the new Cane Creek, without the
flashy name. Can be found for about $20 online, great levers.

-nate

"sal bass" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> those look great! i still trying to decide whether or not to get a
> pair. the appeal is that flat portion ...looks SUPER comfortbale.
>
> what brakes levers are those?

They look like Tektro R200As, AKA Cane Creek SCR-5s. Shaped like Campy
Ergos, without the shifter bits. I think Soma has them as their house brand,
too.

-Hank

if you follow the bar, from the swoop to the rear, then around the
first bend.....from THAT bend to the hoods can be set parallel with the
ground AND the bottom of the drops also remain parallel with the
ground.

most bars....after the first bend...they decline toward the hoods....i
can't stand that....my hands always slide forward and end up at the
hoods.