Nitto Handlebars

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Brad Keeter, May 15, 2003.

  1. Brad Keeter

    Brad Keeter Guest

    I am considering some Nitto bars but notice they have a 25.4 clamp diameter, I have a 26.0 stem. Is
    there a shim to make this work? Other suggestions. -Brad

    Tags:

  2. Tim McNamara

    Tim McNamara Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Brad Keeter" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I am considering some Nitto bars but notice they have a 25.4 clamp diameter, I have a 26.0 stem.
    > Is there a shim to make this work?

    Yes. Nitto makes a very nice stainless steel shim (as well as a number of bars with 26.0 diameter
    clamping areas).

    www.rivendellbicycles.com, click on online catalog and check out the handlebars page.

    Also www.sheldonbrown.com

    My LBS has 25.4 -> 26.0 seatpost shims in aluminum that worked well for me.

  3. Brad Keeter wrote:

    > I am considering some Nitto bars but notice they have a 25.4 clamp diameter, I have a 26.0 stem.
    > Is there a shim to make this work? Other suggestions. -Brad

    Also Lickton's Cycle City, at: http://www.lickbike.com/

  4. Get a pair of tin snips and an aluminum beer can. Serious! :-3)

  5. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "Brad Keeter" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I am considering some Nitto bars but notice they have a 25.4 clamp
    diameter,
    > I have a 26.0 stem. Is there a shim to make this work? Other suggestions.

    Of course. Made by Nitto.

  6. Twobooglie

    Twobooglie Guest

    Check around, because Nitto has several models of bars available with a 26mm clamp diameter. They
    also offer a shim set to shim 25.4 bars into a 26mm stem.

    Rivendell Bicycle Works offers a great selection of Nitto bars and stems. check them out.

    Kyle Brooks