Nitto Handlebars

Brad Keeter

Guest
I am considering some Nitto bars but notice they have a 25.4 clamp diameter, I have a 26.0 stem. Is
there a shim to make this work? Other suggestions. -Brad

In article <[email protected]>,
"Brad Keeter" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I am considering some Nitto bars but notice they have a 25.4 clamp diameter, I have a 26.0 stem.
> Is there a shim to make this work?

Yes. Nitto makes a very nice stainless steel shim (as well as a number of bars with 26.0 diameter
clamping areas).

www.rivendellbicycles.com, click on online catalog and check out the handlebars page.

Also www.sheldonbrown.com

My LBS has 25.4 -> 26.0 seatpost shims in aluminum that worked well for me.

Brad Keeter wrote:

> I am considering some Nitto bars but notice they have a 25.4 clamp diameter, I have a 26.0 stem.
> Is there a shim to make this work? Other suggestions. -Brad

Also Lickton's Cycle City, at: http://www.lickbike.com/

Get a pair of tin snips and an aluminum beer can. Serious! :-3)

Check around, because Nitto has several models of bars available with a 26mm clamp diameter. They
also offer a shim set to shim 25.4 bars into a 26mm stem.

Rivendell Bicycle Works offers a great selection of Nitto bars and stems. check them out.

Kyle Brooks