NMB recumbent???

>Subject: NMB recumbent??? From: [email protected] (Paul Sitko) Date: 3/12/03 8:50 PM Pacific
>Standard Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
>
>Anyone have any ideas about this bike and whether this is a legitimate >offer
or not:

<snip>

>I'm suspicious because:
>
>a) Never heard of the bike before
>b) Ebay user has no feedback
>c) Promising shipment "no longer than 45 days after payment."
>
>Does anyone have any idea what these guys are about?

This is the first I've seen the NMB name so I've no idea whether they are on the up and up or not,
but there has been a lot of speculation about these bents for the last few months.

Google the group for " Colombian ".

There were hundreds of them on Ebay not that long ago.

I only remember seeing one review, not too positive. There were issues with shipping damage to the
bike and poor quality construction, cheap components etc.

> >Subject: NMB recumbent??? From: [email protected] (Paul Sitko) Date: 3/12/03 8:50 PM Pacific
> >Standard Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
> >
> >Anyone have any ideas about this bike and whether this is a legitimate >offer
> or not:
>
> <snip>
>
> >I'm suspicious because:
> >
> >a) Never heard of the bike before
> >b) Ebay user has no feedback
> >c) Promising shipment "no longer than 45 days after payment."
> >
> >Does anyone have any idea what these guys are about?

> I only remember seeing one review, not too positive. There were issues with shipping damage to the
> bike and poor quality construction, cheap components etc.

I got a chuckle when I read the spec's on E-bay.

First, recommended max spees is 25mph And under 'Safety Rules', this gem.

The NMBrecumbent team recommends safety precautions to consider when riding a bike... Also, the
bike should fit the rider. A good rule of thumb is to be sure you can stand over the top tube of
your bicycle.

- Bellaire, TX USA -

[email protected] (Danxerox) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> >Subject: NMB recumbent???
>
> >I'm suspicious because:
> >
> >a) Never heard of the bike before
> >b) Ebay user has no feedback
> >c) Promising shipment "no longer than 45 days after payment."
> >
> >Does anyone have any idea what these guys are about?
>
> This is the first I've seen the NMB name

Sure- I've heard of the name- N- not M- my B- backyard recumbents; often said in Another Bike Shop
in Santa Cruz where anything not a mountain bike is pure junk.

Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

If memory serves Wasn't this the Polish chap who set up building bents in his garage in Florida.
Using Wal-Mart Mtb Y frames and assorted economy DF components. Being new to America his English was
not so good in the advert. As a Homebuilt the bent looked okay, but the Advert (implied) the bent
was from an established Recumbent Manufacturer.
"Christopher Jordan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (Danxerox) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > >Subject: NMB recumbent???
> >
> > >I'm suspicious because:
> > >
> > >a) Never heard of the bike before
> > >b) Ebay user has no feedback
> > >c) Promising shipment "no longer than 45 days after payment."
> > >
> > >Does anyone have any idea what these guys are about?
> >
> > This is the first I've seen the NMB name
>
> Sure- I've heard of the name- N- not M- my B- backyard recumbents; often said in Another Bike Shop
> in Santa Cruz where anything not a mountain bike is pure junk.
>
> Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

> If memory serves Wasn't this the Polish chap who set up building bents in his garage in Florida.
> Using Wal-Mart Mtb Y frames and assorted economy DF components. Being new to America his English
> was not so good in the advert. As a Homebuilt the bent looked okay, but the Advert (implied) the
> bent was from an established Recumbent Manufacturer.

Those were being sold with the name "Filusland." The NMB bikes are definitely the Colombian 'bents.

Oh ****...my memory is on the fritz again. I got a Xmas greeting from the bent builder in
Colombia...it opened Dear
Mr.**** Ryan. I guess **** got mine.