General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

NO

Started by lars · · Last activity · 177 posts · 4,318 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
3 September 2005
Last activity
5 September 2005
Original author
lars
Posts
177
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
4,318
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 101–120 of 177
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. (HM) said:
    JMW said:
    (HM) said:

    JMW <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > "Curt James" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > >JMW wrote:
    > >> "Curt James" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > >> > JMW wrote:
    > >> >> So glibness is the sign of a great leader?
    > >> >
    > >> > What signs has Bush exhibited that he is a
    > >> > great leader?
    > >>
    > >> If you presume, based on what I said, that I
    > >> was making such an assertion, then
    > >
    > >And where's the evidence to support your apparent presumptions?
    > >
    > >I asked a question. Imo, it's unnecessary to guess at any presumptions
    > >I may've been making. In fact, I'd say your making an ASSertion of
    > >yourself. Again! ;-)
    > >
    > >> your logic skills indicate that you are best suited
    > >> for work as an elementary school art teacher.
    > >>
    > >> Oh, wait ... never mind.
    > >
    > >ahahahHAH! I do so love the Emily Litella schtick. I've used it myself.
    > >Always brings a tear to my eye.
    > >
    > >> > My intent is not antagonism, but rather
    > >> > curiosity/interest.
    > >>
    > >> Uh-huh. Yeah, sure.
    > >
    > >Take it however you'd like, but I'd say it's safe to presume that you
    > >have no reply other than a weak insult and undue skepticism. If you
    > >have something good to say about Dubya then cough it up. If your answer
    > >is, "He has exhibited no signs that he is a great leader" then state
    > >that as your response.
    >
    > Assertion: "when bush makes unrehearsed speaches or being asked
    > things so he has to communicate then he comes of like he is born in a
    > barn he is studdering and repeating himself and it doesnt comes off
    > like a world leader"
    >
    > Question: "So glibness is the sign of a great leader?"
    >
    > Nothing more, nothing less, Curt. You can take out "bush" and insert
    > any name you want, and the question would remain the same. By asking
    > that question, I do not offer to play your game.

    Yeah, your game is to make insinuations without having to commit
    yourself. Don't bother answering Curt's question. This is usenet, and no
    one really cares about your answer.

    Oh my! If you don't care, then why did you respond? What a paradox!

    The world is full of paradoxes. But this isn't one of them. I responded
    to point out how pompous and spineless you are - not because I cared
    about your response to Curt's question.

    Gee, you sure are an angry little fellow!

    Quoted message said:

    Mr. "I do not offer to play your game" Gameplayer (there's your
    paradox), I salute you!

    Your showing of proper respect is recognized and accepted.

    Dominus vobiscum.

  2. In article <[email hidden]>,

    JMW said:
    Joe Humble said:
    JMW said:

    lars <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >Joe Humble wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 17:15:50 GMT, lars <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>it seems that its an organisation problem, and one thing all the
    >>>atourities seem to have fled the city, you know in by book captain goes
    >>>in the last lifeboat, the real heroes that makes me almost cry is the
    >>>hospital personel when they have evacuated the charity hospital of
    >>>patients they put in iv rehydration on themselves and waited for their
    >>>turn to be evacuated thats heroism
    >>
    >>Right. Guiliani crawling around in the rubble of the WTC with Keric
    >>(even though they didn't have a choice) made them appear to be great
    >>leaders.
    >
    >when bush makes unrehearsed speaches or being asked things so he has
    >to communicate then he comes of like he is born in a barn he is
    >studdering and repeating himself and it doesnt comes off like a world
    >leader it seems like his advisors is doing all the thinking and write
    >his speach

    So glibness is the sign of a great leader?

    Well, if you're the leader of a 300 million person nation then you are
    essentially a figurehead so yes, it matters if you can speak well.

    Then you all will agree that Ronald Reagan was a great leader, yes?

    He stabilized the economy for several years...
    --
    Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

  3. In article <[email hidden]>,

    JMW said:
    Joe Humble said:
    JMW said:

    lars <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >Joe Humble wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 17:15:50 GMT, lars <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>it seems that its an organisation problem, and one thing all the
    >>>atourities seem to have fled the city, you know in by book captain goes
    >>>in the last lifeboat, the real heroes that makes me almost cry is the
    >>>hospital personel when they have evacuated the charity hospital of
    >>>patients they put in iv rehydration on themselves and waited for their
    >>>turn to be evacuated thats heroism
    >>
    >>Right. Guiliani crawling around in the rubble of the WTC with Keric
    >>(even though they didn't have a choice) made them appear to be great
    >>leaders.
    >
    >when bush makes unrehearsed speaches or being asked things so he has
    >to communicate then he comes of like he is born in a barn he is
    >studdering and repeating himself and it doesnt comes off like a world
    >leader it seems like his advisors is doing all the thinking and write
    >his speach

    So glibness is the sign of a great leader?

    Well, if you're the leader of a 300 million person nation then you are
    essentially a figurehead so yes, it matters if you can speak well.

    Then you all will agree that Ronald Reagan was a great leader, yes?

    He stabilized the economy for several years...
    --
    Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

  4. JMW wrote:

    re Dubya

    Quoted message said:

    His Spanish-speaking abilities are described
    as "rudimentary" and "passable," but his

    Which says nothing.

    Quoted message said:

    pronunciation is apparently pretty good, so

    ¿Cómo se dice /nuclear/ en español?

    ahahahHAAAAH! :-D

    Quoted message said:

    some folks think he is fluent.

    Some folks think the world is flat.

    Quoted message said:

    You were unaware that Jeb's wife is Latino?

    Yeah, Columba Bush. I'll bet she just beamed with pride when Dubya's
    pop referred to her kids as /the little brown ones/. And I'm sure ol'
    Tio George shows just as much respect.

    Quoted message said:

    You didn't know that GWB worked with Latinos in
    the Texas oil fields?

    I'm sure his Latino pals and ol' Dubya knocked back the Coronas and
    told tales 24/7 back in the day.

    Did you have anything at all you'd like to say regarding Bush's
    leadership skills? Because this whole Spanish fluency thing isn't
    cutting it.

    --
    Curt
    http://curtjames.com/

  5. JMW wrote:

    re Dubya

    Quoted message said:

    His Spanish-speaking abilities are described
    as "rudimentary" and "passable," but his

    Which says nothing.

    Quoted message said:

    pronunciation is apparently pretty good, so

    ¿Cómo se dice /nuclear/ en español?

    ahahahHAAAAH! :-D

    Quoted message said:

    some folks think he is fluent.

    Some folks think the world is flat.

    Quoted message said:

    You were unaware that Jeb's wife is Latino?

    Yeah, Columba Bush. I'll bet she just beamed with pride when Dubya's
    pop referred to her kids as /the little brown ones/. And I'm sure ol'
    Tio George shows just as much respect.

    Quoted message said:

    You didn't know that GWB worked with Latinos in
    the Texas oil fields?

    I'm sure his Latino pals and ol' Dubya knocked back the Coronas and
    told tales 24/7 back in the day.

    Did you have anything at all you'd like to say regarding Bush's
    leadership skills? Because this whole Spanish fluency thing isn't
    cutting it.

    --
    Curt
    http://curtjames.com/

  6. David said:

    Let's face it Curt, when you're right, you're right.

    May I have permission to quote you? :-)

    --
    Curt
    http://curtjames.com/

  7. David said:

    Let's face it Curt, when you're right, you're right.

    May I have permission to quote you? :-)

    --
    Curt
    http://curtjames.com/

  8. On 4 Sep 2005 08:56:31 -0700, "Curt James" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    JMW wrote:

    ~*SNIP!*~

    Ever hear of snipping text? And, yeah, this *is* top-posting.

    Watch this...

    Lions and tigers and bears...

    Quoted message said:

    Oh my!

    heh

    I amuse myself, yes I do!

    Quoted message said:

    If you don't care, then why did you respond?

    Why didn't you respond about Dubya's leadership skills? Because you
    /don't pway games/. Right. Gotcha. Play or be played, JMW! ;-)

    Quoted message said:

    What a paradox!

    There's no contradiction at all, but rather a misinterpretation and,
    quite possibly, a miscalculation on your part.

    I believe you're looking at things as totally black or white. Your
    thought perhaps being that a person cares or they don't care. And by
    care, I suspect you interpret that as being truly interested in hearing
    what you have to say. Respecting what your comment may be, you know?
    Perhaps some people care in a different way, say care just enough to
    say that you're full of [censored].

    Where's that paradox again?

    Expect the idiot Michaels to chime in any moment!! ;o)

  9. On 4 Sep 2005 08:56:31 -0700, "Curt James" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    JMW wrote:

    ~*SNIP!*~

    Ever hear of snipping text? And, yeah, this *is* top-posting.

    Watch this...

    Lions and tigers and bears...

    Quoted message said:

    Oh my!

    heh

    I amuse myself, yes I do!

    Quoted message said:

    If you don't care, then why did you respond?

    Why didn't you respond about Dubya's leadership skills? Because you
    /don't pway games/. Right. Gotcha. Play or be played, JMW! ;-)

    Quoted message said:

    What a paradox!

    There's no contradiction at all, but rather a misinterpretation and,
    quite possibly, a miscalculation on your part.

    I believe you're looking at things as totally black or white. Your
    thought perhaps being that a person cares or they don't care. And by
    care, I suspect you interpret that as being truly interested in hearing
    what you have to say. Respecting what your comment may be, you know?
    Perhaps some people care in a different way, say care just enough to
    say that you're full of [censored].

    Where's that paradox again?

    Expect the idiot Michaels to chime in any moment!! ;o)

  10. Curt James said:


    Did you have anything at all you'd like to say regarding Bush's
    leadership skills? Because this whole Spanish fluency thing isn't
    cutting it.

    I prefer to avoid debates with agitate moonbats. Very unproductive.

  11. Curt James said:


    Did you have anything at all you'd like to say regarding Bush's
    leadership skills? Because this whole Spanish fluency thing isn't
    cutting it.

    I prefer to avoid debates with agitate moonbats. Very unproductive.

  12. JMW said:

    [email hidden] (HM) wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I responded to point out how pompous
    and spineless you are

    Gee, you sure are an angry little fellow!

    How does an accurate description of you in a post equate with emotional
    state and physical size? Have you been reading Incredible Hulk comic
    books, JMW?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Mr. "I do not offer to play your game" Gameplayer
    (there's your paradox), I salute you!

    Your showing of proper respect is recognized
    and accepted.

    Uh... your sarcasm's not working either, pal. (That /was/ sarcasm,
    right? If not...)

    Quoted message said:

    Dominus vobiscum.

    Is that Latin for why George Bush is a great leader? Huh, huh, huh?
    LOVIN' IT! Man, I'm logging off. This is just too much fun.

    --
    Curt
    http://curtjames.com/

  13. JMW said:

    [email hidden] (HM) wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I responded to point out how pompous
    and spineless you are

    Gee, you sure are an angry little fellow!

    How does an accurate description of you in a post equate with emotional
    state and physical size? Have you been reading Incredible Hulk comic
    books, JMW?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Mr. "I do not offer to play your game" Gameplayer
    (there's your paradox), I salute you!

    Your showing of proper respect is recognized
    and accepted.

    Uh... your sarcasm's not working either, pal. (That /was/ sarcasm,
    right? If not...)

    Quoted message said:

    Dominus vobiscum.

    Is that Latin for why George Bush is a great leader? Huh, huh, huh?
    LOVIN' IT! Man, I'm logging off. This is just too much fun.

    --
    Curt
    http://curtjames.com/

  14. JMW said:
    Curt James said:
    JMW said:


    What a paradox!

    There's no contradiction at all, but rather a misinterpretation and,
    quite possibly, a miscalculation on your part.

    I believe you're looking at things as totally black or white. Your
    thought perhaps being that a person cares or they don't care. And by
    care, I suspect you interpret that as being truly interested in hearing
    what you have to say. Respecting what your comment may be, you know?
    Perhaps some people care in a different way, say care just enough to
    say that you're full of [censored].

    Where's that paradox again?

    I would say that the paradox lies in you wanting to appear flippant
    but, all the while, revealing your desperate need to "win" or "be
    right." You poor soul!

    That's your stock answer to with whom you may at any time be
    competing!! ;o) <yawn>

  15. JMW said:
    Curt James said:
    JMW said:


    What a paradox!

    There's no contradiction at all, but rather a misinterpretation and,
    quite possibly, a miscalculation on your part.

    I believe you're looking at things as totally black or white. Your
    thought perhaps being that a person cares or they don't care. And by
    care, I suspect you interpret that as being truly interested in hearing
    what you have to say. Respecting what your comment may be, you know?
    Perhaps some people care in a different way, say care just enough to
    say that you're full of [censored].

    Where's that paradox again?

    I would say that the paradox lies in you wanting to appear flippant
    but, all the while, revealing your desperate need to "win" or "be
    right." You poor soul!

    That's your stock answer to with whom you may at any time be
    competing!! ;o) <yawn>

  16. JMW said:

    I would say that the paradox lies in
    you wanting to appear flippant but,
    all the while, revealing your desperate
    need to "win" or "be right." You poor
    soul!

    Go with that.

    --
    Curt
    http://curtjames.com/

  17. JMW said:

    I would say that the paradox lies in
    you wanting to appear flippant but,
    all the while, revealing your desperate
    need to "win" or "be right." You poor
    soul!

    Go with that.

    --
    Curt
    http://curtjames.com/

  18. JC Der Koenig repeated and repeated and...

    Quoted message said:

    It figures that you wouldn't know that
    he speaks Spanish.

    You *ARE* The Broken Record, aren't you? TBR, take off the mask, you
    rascal!

    --
    Curt
    http://curtjames.com/

  19. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Curt James said:

    JMW wrote:

    re Dubya

    Quoted message said:

    His Spanish-speaking abilities are described
    as "rudimentary" and "passable," but his

    Which says nothing.

    Quoted message said:

    pronunciation is apparently pretty good, so

    ¿Cómo se dice /nuclear/ en español?

    ahahahHAAAAH! :-D

    Quoted message said:

    some folks think he is fluent.

    Some folks think the world is flat.

    <cough>
    Damn Curt, that one just about made me choke on my lunch. ;-)

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    You were unaware that Jeb's wife is Latino?

    Yeah, Columba Bush. I'll bet she just beamed with pride when Dubya's
    pop referred to her kids as /the little brown ones/. And I'm sure ol'
    Tio George shows just as much respect.

    Quoted message said:

    You didn't know that GWB worked with Latinos in
    the Texas oil fields?

    I'm sure his Latino pals and ol' Dubya knocked back the Coronas and
    told tales 24/7 back in the day.

    Did you have anything at all you'd like to say regarding Bush's
    leadership skills? Because this whole Spanish fluency thing isn't
    cutting it.


    --
    Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

  20. JMW said:

    I prefer to avoid debates with
    agitate moonbats. Very unproductive.

    Who was that other moron? This isn't a debate. It is a pissing contest.
    And regardless of whether I'm an agitate moonbat or not, you're rather
    wet and yellow (lots of B vitamins here).

    Okay, okay, okay. Time for treadmill and some rehydration. Stay right
    there in that puddle, JMW. I'll be back later to spell my name again.

    --
    Curt
    http://curtjames.com/

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.