No American team in the Tdf 2008?

samson <[email protected]> wrote:
>That would be kind of a bummer.
>
>S.

Why would it be a bummer??
No loss to the americans as far as i can see.
Let the frogs **** in their own nest as much s they like.
IMO
Ro

> Uhhh... what about Slipstream presented by Chipolte?

A bit of a stretch at the moment (for them to be in the '08 TdF). They don't
have an automatic (sorta) entry via the Pro-Tour, and the wildcards tend to
get used up by the euro teams (especially, of course, the French). They're
sure not going to take the place of Barloworld... those guys did very well!

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

news:p[email protected]...

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
>> Uhhh... what about Slipstream presented by Chipolte?

> A bit of a stretch at the moment (for them to be in the '08 TdF). They don't
> have an automatic (sorta) entry via the Pro-Tour, and the wildcards tend to
> get used up by the euro teams (especially, of course, the French). They're
> sure not going to take the place of Barloworld... those guys did very well!

They will take Astana's spot though.

"Dan Gregory" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> They will take Astana's spot though.

Not until they gain enough backing to bribe themselves a Protour membership.
You don't think that Unibet and the like got their licenses from doing well
at the races?

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
>> Uhhh... what about Slipstream presented by Chipolte?

> A bit of a stretch at the moment (for them to be in the '08 TdF). They don't
> have an automatic (sorta) entry via the Pro-Tour, and the wildcards tend to
> get used up by the euro teams (especially, of course, the French). They're
> sure not going to take the place of Barloworld... those guys did very well!

Well, if ASO does not settle with the UCI then the Pro-Tour won't be
a factor.

Wildcards for non-French teams happen based on spring results.
Slipstream would have to show the colors at a classic or two to
get in.

Bob Schwartz

On Aug 11, 10:16 am, Bob Schwartz <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
> >> Uhhh... what about Slipstream presented by Chipolte?

> > A bit of a stretch at the moment (for them to be in the '08 TdF). They don't
> > have an automatic (sorta) entry via the Pro-Tour, and the wildcards tend to
> > get used up by the euro teams (especially, of course, the French). They're
> > sure not going to take the place of Barloworld... those guys did very well!

> Well, if ASO does not settle with the UCI then the Pro-Tour won't be
> a factor.
>
> Wildcards for non-French teams happen based on spring results.
> Slipstream would have to show the colors at a classic or two to
> get in.
>
> Bob Schwartz

Nah,... they'll get in based on their super strong anti-doping stance.

Scott

"samson" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
[email protected]...
> That would be kind of a bummer.

we don't care, it's not a big deal, we loved so much greg lemond because he
was clean and different, and the first american to win the tour, after him
the other from usa were doped, so it's just sad and disgusting

I like this video of Greg, it's seem an old age, and all the guy seems to
ride a little slow than now, but this day greg enter in the legeng.
Armstrong didn't do that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZY9287pYZM&NR=1

In article <[email protected]>,
Bob Schwartz <[email protected]> wrote:

> Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
> >> Uhhh... what about Slipstream presented by Chipolte?

> > A bit of a stretch at the moment (for them to be in the '08 TdF). They
> > don't
> > have an automatic (sorta) entry via the Pro-Tour, and the wildcards tend to
> > get used up by the euro teams (especially, of course, the French). They're
> > sure not going to take the place of Barloworld... those guys did very well!

> Well, if ASO does not settle with the UCI then the Pro-Tour won't be
> a factor.
>
> Wildcards for non-French teams happen based on spring results.
> Slipstream would have to show the colors at a classic or two to
> get in.

I'd say doing well at an ASO-run classic would be particularly helpful to their
cause.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

when the victory isn't romantic it doesn't count at all.

"Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de
news: [email protected]...
> Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
>>> Uhhh... what about Slipstream presented by Chipolte?

>> A bit of a stretch at the moment (for them to be in the '08 TdF). They
>> don't have an automatic (sorta) entry via the Pro-Tour, and the wildcards
>> tend to get used up by the euro teams (especially, of course, the
>> French). They're sure not going to take the place of Barloworld... those
>> guys did very well!

> Well, if ASO does not settle with the UCI then the Pro-Tour won't be
> a factor.
>
> Wildcards for non-French teams happen based on spring results.
> Slipstream would have to show the colors at a classic or two to
> get in.
>
> Bob Schwartz

the other from usa were doped, so it's just sad and disgusting.

Trollin', trollin', trollin'...... seems like you bring this up in
every discussion, no matter what the topic.

Smokey

>> Uhhh... what about Slipstream presented by Chipolte?

> A bit of a stretch at the moment (for them to be in the '08 TdF). They
> don't have an automatic (sorta) entry via the Pro-Tour, and the wildcards
> tend to get used up by the euro teams (especially, of course, the French).
> They're sure not going to take the place of Barloworld... those guys did
> very well!
>
> --Mike Jacoubowsky
> Chain Reaction Bicycles
> www.ChainReaction.com
> Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Doesn't Versus's broadcasting contract with the TDF expire in 2008? I bet
that ASO would be excited to promote an USA based team to help secure future
viewers and revenue.

Frank Drackman wrote:

> Doesn't Versus's broadcasting contract with the TDF expire in 2008? I bet
> that ASO would be excited to promote an USA based team to help secure future
> viewers and revenue.

I'd rather see Eurosport America

In article
<[email protected]>
,
Smokey <[email protected]> wrote:

> the other from usa were doped, so it's just sad and disgusting.
>
> Trollin', trollin', trollin'......

Keep movin', movin', movin'
Though they're disapprovin'
Keep them trawlers movin'
Rawhide!
Don't try to understand 'em
Just rope, and throw, and brand 'em
Soon we'll be living high and wide.
I've got their measure
They won't have any leisure
There's room on the shed for their hide.

CHORUS
Move 'em on, head 'em up
Head 'em up, move 'em on
Move 'em on, head 'em up
Rawhide
Count 'em out, ride 'em in,
Ride 'em in, count 'em out,
Count 'em out, ride 'em in
Rawhide!

--
Michael Press

>> Doesn't Versus's broadcasting contract with the TDF expire in 2008? I
>> bet that ASO would be excited to promote an USA based team to help secure
>> future viewers and revenue.

> I'd rather see Eurosport America

You prefer David Duffield to Phil Liggett? Plus Eurosport has no equivalent
to Paul Sherwin (hope I'm not butchering the spellings) who's actually the
sharpest of any of them, in my opinion. Hearing him in person, you'd think
he's too smart to have been a bike racer.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
>>> Doesn't Versus's broadcasting contract with the TDF expire in 2008? I
>>> bet that ASO would be excited to promote an USA based team to help secure
>>> future viewers and revenue.

>> I'd rather see Eurosport America

> You prefer David Duffield to Phil Liggett? Plus Eurosport has no equivalent
> to Paul Sherwin (hope I'm not butchering the spellings) who's actually the
> sharpest of any of them, in my opinion. Hearing him in person, you'd think
> he's too smart to have been a bike racer.
>
> --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
> www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

It's Sherwen (you got Phil's name right) and yes he's got some
interesting comments from time to time - but I was referring to the
higher level of commitment to cycling that Eurosport would have over
OLN/Versus. More races, longer coverage, more live broadcasts,
interviews with riders and directors that might not speak English,
racing in the news, et c.

What did we get for Vuelta coverage last year - one hour on the Sunday
after the final stage?

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 23:32:00 -0700, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>>> Doesn't Versus's broadcasting contract with the TDF expire in 2008? I
>>> bet that ASO would be excited to promote an USA based team to help secure
>>> future viewers and revenue.

>> I'd rather see Eurosport America

>You prefer David Duffield to Phil Liggett? Plus Eurosport has no equivalent
>to Paul Sherwin (hope I'm not butchering the spellings) who's actually the
>sharpest of any of them, in my opinion. Hearing him in person, you'd think
>he's too smart to have been a bike racer.
>
>--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
>www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

British Eurosport's A-team is now the excellent David Harmon with Sean
Kelly. DH is doing a great job in getting much more out of Kelly, who
seems more relaxed than when he was with Duffers.