No break in sight

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by [email protected], Mar 1, 2006.

  1. As you all may know the company I work for Mayco (Filene's) was sold to
    Federation (Macy's). So I was thinking if I lost my job I would have
    have time to persue a job 3 days a week and ride the rest of the week.
    Finally they tell me that they have no position for me and I get 7
    weeks Severance pay and unemployment insurance after. I leave the room
    walk down the hall to smiles of the management team. What are you all
    smiles for I just got canned. No it was supposed to go like that. 5
    minutes later I'm called up again we have a position for you now. I
    didn't know the rest of the day what to do cry or jump for joy.

    Tags:

  2. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > As you all may know the company I work for Mayco (Filene's) was sold
    > to Federation (Macy's). So I was thinking if I lost my job I would
    > have have time to persue a job 3 days a week and ride the rest of the
    > week. Finally they tell me that they have no position for me and I
    > get 7 weeks Severance pay and unemployment insurance after. I leave
    > the room walk down the hall to smiles of the management team. What
    > are you all smiles for I just got canned. No it was supposed to go
    > like that. 5 minutes later I'm called up again we have a position
    > for you now. I didn't know the rest of the day what to do cry or jump
    > for joy.

    Congrats, Craze ! (?) !

  3. [email protected] wrote:
    > As you all may know the company I work for Mayco (Filene's) was sold
    > to Federation (Macy's). So I was thinking if I lost my job I would
    > have have time to persue a job 3 days a week and ride the rest of the
    > week. Finally they tell me that they have no position for me and I
    > get 7 weeks Severance pay and unemployment insurance after. I leave
    > the room walk down the hall to smiles of the management team. What
    > are you all smiles for I just got canned. No it was supposed to go
    > like that. 5 minutes later I'm called up again we have a position
    > for you now. I didn't know the rest of the day what to do cry or jump
    > for joy.

    Go ride to celebrate.
    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

  4. JD

    JD Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > As you all may know the company I work for Mayco (Filene's) was sold to
    > Federation (Macy's). So I was thinking if I lost my job I would have
    > have time to persue a job 3 days a week and ride the rest of the week.
    > Finally they tell me that they have no position for me and I get 7
    > weeks Severance pay and unemployment insurance after. I leave the room
    > walk down the hall to smiles of the management team. What are you all
    > smiles for I just got canned. No it was supposed to go like that. 5
    > minutes later I'm called up again we have a position for you now. I
    > didn't know the rest of the day what to do cry or jump for joy.

    Sadistic corporate bastards.

    JD

  5. GeeDubb

    GeeDubb Guest

    > [email protected] wrote:
    >> As you all may know the company I work for Mayco (Filene's) was sold to
    >> Federation (Macy's). So I was thinking if I lost my job I would have
    >> have time to persue a job 3 days a week and ride the rest of the week.
    >> Finally they tell me that they have no position for me and I get 7
    >> weeks Severance pay and unemployment insurance after. I leave the room
    >> walk down the hall to smiles of the management team. What are you all
    >> smiles for I just got canned. No it was supposed to go like that. 5
    >> minutes later I'm called up again we have a position for you now. I
    >> didn't know the rest of the day what to do cry or jump for joy.

    > Sadistic corporate bastards.
    >
    > JD

    Unless he got to keep the 7 week severance package.....

    Gary

  6. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > As you all may know the company I work for Mayco (Filene's) was sold to
    > Federation (Macy's). So I was thinking if I lost my job I would have
    > have time to persue a job 3 days a week and ride the rest of the week.
    > Finally they tell me that they have no position for me and I get 7
    > weeks Severance pay and unemployment insurance after. I leave the room
    > walk down the hall to smiles of the management team. What are you all
    > smiles for I just got canned. No it was supposed to go like that. 5
    > minutes later I'm called up again we have a position for you now. I
    > didn't know the rest of the day what to do cry or jump for joy.

    Good for you, Crazy. Although the extra biking would have been nice.

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  7. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    GeeDubb wrote:

    > "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >>
    >> [email protected] wrote:
    >>> As you all may know the company I work for Mayco (Filene's) was sold to
    >>> Federation (Macy's). So I was thinking if I lost my job I would have
    >>> have time to persue a job 3 days a week and ride the rest of the week.
    >>> Finally they tell me that they have no position for me and I get 7
    >>> weeks Severance pay and unemployment insurance after. I leave the room
    >>> walk down the hall to smiles of the management team. What are you all
    >>> smiles for I just got canned. No it was supposed to go like that. 5
    >>> minutes later I'm called up again we have a position for you now. I
    >>> didn't know the rest of the day what to do cry or jump for joy.

    >> Sadistic corporate bastards.
    >>
    >> JD
    >>

    > Unless he got to keep the 7 week severance package.....
    >
    > Gary

    Good point. I'd take that and go on vacation or buy a new bike :D!

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  8. Don't start my new location and job till everything is gone from the
    present one. Some of the managers go along with the new job even mine.
    Get this one oh your the one that rides a bike to work. How you going
    to make it to work with the 8 inches of snow on its way tomorrow. I
    make make it everytime. Well if you get a flat tire I change it in 10
    minutes. I'm never late and never call out. I didn't tell them I'm a
    key holder and opener. Farewell party is this coming Sunday night I'm
    going to this one its free and the drinks are cheap cheap. Off today so
    I can ride the fresh snow it not the 8 but 4 inches.