No Charges for Lance

Well this will leave Lance fans and Lance haters in a permanent state of struggle, hate, and turmoil.

Originally Posted by alienator .

Well this will leave Lance fans and Lance haters in a permanent state of struggle, hate, and turmoil.

Very true. The court of law is no where near as colorful as the court of public opinion. It's not a time to drop your arms in the struggle.

It's all over (for Lance that is). So sad for the haters since they all want Lance's scalp. For or against it is over and we can all move on to the next big thing whoever that might be. One thing is for sure doping has not been stamped out and the chase will continue to discover new ways to enhance performance and new ways to determine who is being the most creative.

leerobbs said:
It's all over (for Lance that is). So sad for the haters since they all want Lance's scalp. For or against it is over and we can all move on to the next big thing whoever that might be. One thing is for sure doping has not been stamped out and the chase will continue to discover new ways to enhance performance and new ways to determine who is being the most creative.
In fact it's so sad for the haters and the fanboys. The truth is no truth was found here. No facts were revealed. Everyone on each side is left with their delusions and what they believe their facts are (...and their definitions of facts often match those of politicians, preachers, and gossip rags.). The noise will continue at about the same level.

Justice was not served here.
How kind of the US Attorney's office to NOT call LA to testify before the grand jury./img/vbsmilies/smilies/rolleyes.gif Treated with 'kid gloves'. Thanks.
Fence-walkers notwithstanding, this charade carried out by the US Government must be considered a joke by anyone who has an opinion and this "outcome" definitely succeeds in being a supreme waste of taxpayers' money. Rich lawyers getting richer...must be nice.

This is exactly what I said would happen.

One side has rumour, speculation and innuendo while the other side has hundreds and hundreds of passed tests. Hard evidence wins every time, as it shiould.

Reactions: jpr95
Yojimbo_ said:
One side has rumour, speculation and innuendo while the other side has hundreds and hundreds of passed tests. Hard evidence wins every time, as it shiould.
...and now the back and forth between haters and fanboys will commence. Nothing will be accomplished, but loud noises will be made.

Hmmm. Interesting to note the majority contributor on this thread. A tree falls in the forest and no one hears it - does it still make a loud noise?

Just another example of 'the ends justifying the means'. Children, take note.../img/vbsmilies/smilies/rolleyes.gif

... another big slice of fail pie for Novitsky.

After the old retired 'ball guy he's after next, which other retired peeps is he gonna go after?

Originally Posted by alienator .

...and now the back and forth between haters and fanboys will commence. Nothing will be accomplished, but loud noises will be made.
I presume that means you're labelling me as a fanboy.

You might want to reread my post again and consider how it would go for you if I managed to get the press to write an article labelling you a pederast. No hard evidence required, just my say so. This is exactly what happened here, except the claim was drug use. Courts need hard evidence backing up rumours and innuendo before they convict, and I'm sure you'll agree that's a damn good thing.

The other side had all the hard evidence here so the case / investigation was wound down, as it should be. This was entirely predictable and shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

This mess had far less to do with doping than with fame and power. No one cares what drugs anyone here at this forum did last week because we [seemingly] live anonymous lives.

There are only a few seconds left in Armstrong's fifteen minutes of fame. Among cyclists Lance may remain famous for decades to come. But with the general public any remnants of celebrity are mostly about the Livestrong brand, and Lances efforts against cancer. These doping accusations are already just a footnote.

I don't give a damn if Lance snorted coke off a strippers bare ass.

I DO give a damn about the millions of public tax dollars spent by publicity hounds chasing the shadows of some perceived thought crime.

...and somewhere in Italy, Simeone is crying in his wine...

Originally Posted by Dave Cutter .

This mess had far less to do with doping than with fame and power. No one cares what drugs anyone here at this forum did last week because we [seemingly] live anonymous lives.

There are only a few seconds left in Armstrong's fifteen minutes of fame. Among cyclists Lance may remain famous for decades to come. But with the general public any remnants of celebrity are mostly about the Livestrong brand, and Lances efforts against cancer. These doping accusations are already just a footnote.

Ask anyone you encounter on the street if they know who Lance is and the reply will be isnt he the guy who won the tour defrance 10 to 1 over livestrong. Check your watch it must have stopped his fame is going down in cycling history. The doping accusations are never going away they will be debated for generations to come. By going to trial the debate may have been put to bed one way or another. By not going to trial the debate will continue.
Lance is not anonymous he is a public figure who used public funds to advance his agenda.
Fame and popularity are two different things Lance is Famous. I think you may have the two confused.

Originally Posted by Yojimbo_ .

One side has rumor, speculation and innuendo while the other side has hundreds and hundreds of passed tests. Hard evidence wins every time, as it should.
Lessons learned from the Salem hearsay.
Forensic evidence has convicted thousands. Going by the known forensics vindication for Lance would have been the outcome.
Agreed.

.."Lance's team is no longer the subject of..."

Reminds me of: "He(/ she)'s not a suspect... at this time."(read. He's a person-of-interest (+/- not[wanted for questioning](+/-[at this time])).

In order to evade detection, you have to think like a detective.

Originally Posted by tonyzackery .

Been used before, but most appropriate here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn_PSJsl0LQ

Not at all appropriate. A conviction in a court of law in the U.S. requires evidence of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. In this case, there is tons of hearsay and accusations of guilt, but lots of evidence of innocence in the form of drug tests (most of any athlete in history).

On second thought, perhaps it is appropriate--all his accusers really, really believe Lance is guilty of doping.

There was more than enough evidence to at least take this matter to a trial where a jury of LA's peers (or the bench) could have made the decision as to his guilt or innocence. The US Attorney let the whole country (those who pay taxes) down. Defendants with FAR and away less convincing evidence have been brought to trial in the past, present, and future. The 'Cult of Personality' scored a most convincing win in this case.