No contest!

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Matthew Myatt, Jan 31, 2003.

  1. Tags:

  2. "Michael MacClancy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Matthew Myatt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Finally managed to solve that age-old quandary. It was a head-to-head contest and the bibshorts
    > > didn't stand a chance...
    > >
    > > http://makeashorterlink.com/?A13C14B43
    > >
    > > Mat
    > >

    > No, it was the paving slabs that didn't stand a chance... http://makeashorterlink.com/?D55F31B43
    >
    > Clever tool, that!

    Silly me, thinking "bib shorts" was all one word.

    Actually, respect is due to Helen - "paving slab fairy" gets a surprisingly high count of
    213 results.

    Must find better things to do with my Friday evenings...

    Mat

  3. Tim S

    Tim S Guest

    <snip> It was a head-to-head
    > > contest and the bibshorts didn't stand a chance...
    > >
    > > http://makeashorterlink.com/?A13C14B43
    > >
    > > Mat
    > >

    > No, it was the paving slabs that didn't stand a chance... http://makeashorterlink.com/?D55F31B43

    Set one up for the entire phrase "bib shorts" vs "paving slabs", the other ones showed results for
    paving, or bib http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q62926C43 It alters the results back to where they
    belong :) (although only with a 3 to 2 ratio - far too low imho)

    Tim S (The bent riders have seen us. Quick, reactivate Lurk mode!)

  4. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    "Tim S" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Set one up for the entire phrase "bib shorts" vs "paving slabs", the other ones showed results for
    > paving, or bib http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q62926C43 It alters the results back to where they
    > belong :) (although only with a 3 to 2 ratio - far too low imho)

    http://www.googlefight.com/cgi-bin/compare.pl?q1=slab+fairy&q2=bibshorts&B1=
    Make+a+fight%21&compare=1&langue=us

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?C34723D43

    Do it properly and the results are overwhelming.