No elevation on gmap-pedometer.com?

Art Harris

Guest
I've noticed that the elevation feature of Gmap-pedometer hasn't been
working for at least the last week or so. Older saved routes still
show altitude, but new maps don't.

Anyone know what's up?

Art Harris

On 2008-06-06, Art Harris <[email protected]> wrote:
> I've noticed that the elevation feature of Gmap-pedometer hasn't been
> working for at least the last week or so. Older saved routes still
> show altitude, but new maps don't.
>
> Anyone know what's up?

Were they getting the topo info from topozone? That got bought up by
trails.com, and the free service was pretty well gutted.

--

Kristian Zoerhoff
[email protected]

Art Harris wrote:

>>> I've noticed that the elevation feature of Gmap-pedometer hasn't
>>> been working for at least the last week or so. Older saved routes
>>> still show altitude, but new maps don't.

>>> Anyone know what's up?

>> Were they getting the topo info from topozone? That got bought up
>> by trails.com, and the free service was pretty well gutted.

> Drat! That must be it. The elevation feature was a great way to
> check out rides before riding them, and know what to expect in the
> way of hills.

I have changesd to terraserver in the high resolution maps because I
can attach their URL to ride reports. I don't know what trails.com
expects anyone to do with thier service. Only paid members can view
the maps so the servuce is useless.

http://tinyurl.com/5egnjn

Jobst Brandt

Jobst Brandt wrote:

> >> by trails.com, and the free service was pretty well gutted.

> > Drat!  That must be it.  The elevation feature was a great way to
> > check out rides before riding them, and know what to expect in the
> > way of hills.

> I have changesd to terraserver in the high resolution maps because I
> can attach their URL to ride reports.  I don't know what trails.com
> expects anyone to do with thier service.  Only paid members can view
> the maps so the servuce is useless.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5egnjn

I like Gmap because it's an easy way to create and share routes (and
calculate mileage). Altitude profile was another nice feature. Hope
it's not gone forever.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1196164

Art Harris

On June 6, 2008 Art Harris wrote:
> I've noticed that the elevation feature of Gmap-pedometer hasn't been
> working for at least the last week or so. Older saved routes still
> show altitude, but new maps don't.
>
> Anyone know what's up?

The elevation feature is working again!

Art Harris