No go on Strada

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Stratrider, Apr 14, 2003.

  1. Stratrider

    Stratrider Guest

    The was to be the bike for me. I read all of the glowing revues. I was at a great dealership (RBR in
    State College, PA). I was ready to go. Yet as I was deliberating over some minor cosmetic scratches
    on the handle bars, I sat on a new Tour Easy. Then it hit me. After 16000+ miles on my Stratus (Tour
    Easy like machine), I was simply more comfortable on the lower bike with the lower bb. I am going to
    buy a swb (largely because I want an easy transport bike). For me though, the move to the high racer
    from a low bb, lwb was just too extreme a move at this time. Time for another look at the Giro, P38,
    or maybe Hepcat.

    Jim Reilly Reading, PA

    Tags:

  2. Giro and P-38 have more "moderate" rider positions than the Strada/Corsa/Aero. The new Vision
    R-64/64 are more moderate but with two big wheels also. I've owned a P-38 and test-ridden all the
    rest and I come out still preferring the GRR design.

    --
    Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush "stratrider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > The was to be the bike for me. I read all of the glowing revues. I was at a great dealership (RBR
    > in State College, PA). I was ready to go. Yet as I was deliberating over some minor cosmetic
    > scratches on the handle bars, I sat on a new Tour Easy. Then it hit me. After 16000+ miles on my
    > Stratus (Tour Easy like machine), I was simply more comfortable on the lower bike with the lower
    > bb. I am going to buy a swb (largely because I want an easy transport bike). For me though, the
    > move to the high racer from a low bb, lwb was just too extreme a move at this time. Time for
    > another look at the Giro, P38, or maybe Hepcat.
    >
    > Jim Reilly Reading, PA

  3. Nanda

    Nanda Guest

    I have a Giro and am looking to add a Stratus to the fleet. When it was demo'ing bikes with Zack K.
    my final choice was between the Giro and the Stratus...demoed both probably for a total of 1 hour
    each. I have experience a slight numbness (still making adjustments, and searching for the right
    pair of shoes), but it is very minor and only on longer rides. The Stratus will be primarily for my
    5'2" wife...and to help me determine if low bb's are better suited for me. Its stories like yours
    Jim that motivate me even more to get the Stratus. The new V2 is also on the radar screen...maybe
    the aluminum Formula someday....

    ~Nanda 02 Giro 350 smiles

  4. John W

    John W Guest

    I have a Lightning Stealth which is similar in geometry to the P-38, the Stealth is a monotube frame
    instead of triangulated like the P-38. My seat height is 20" and my bottom bracket height is 26". So
    your feet or 6" higher than your butt. I do get numb feet when riding the Stealth. I tend to use the
    Stealth on 30 mi. or less hilly rides. I use my low BB Stratus as my long distance cruiser since I
    do not get numb feet while riding the Stealth.

    John