No Group Moderator?

Bassetdad

Guest
Hi Everybody,

I thought this newsgroup was people who enjoyed recumbents. Does the group
have a moderator to filter the childish postings from the people who enjoy
discussing the topic of this newsgroup.

Seems like this group has alot of trash talkers....

Bassetdad wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>
> I thought this newsgroup was people who enjoyed recumbents. Does the group
> have a moderator to filter the childish postings from the people who enjoy
> discussing the topic of this newsgroup.
>
> Seems like this group has alot of trash talkers....

No this is not a moderated group. Try brol. They do a pretty good job of
keeping the garbage down to a minimum.

Ken

Or just use filters here. I do.
--
The bicycle is just as good company as most husbands and, when it gets
old and shabby, a woman can dispose of it and get a new one without

Ken C. M. wrote:
> Bassetdad wrote:
> > Hi Everybody,
> >
> > I thought this newsgroup was people who enjoyed recumbents. Does the group
> > have a moderator to filter the childish postings from the people who enjoy
> > discussing the topic of this newsgroup.
> >
> > Seems like this group has alot of trash talkers....
> >

> No this is not a moderated group. Try brol. They do a pretty good job of
> keeping the garbage down to a minimum....

Moderated forums are good homes for the too easily offended and those
who can not stand up for themselves when the discussion gets heated.

--
Tom "Free Range" Sherman - Post Free or Die!

There is some good info here from time to time, but have had to use
kill filters a bit.

Bassetdad wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>
> I thought this newsgroup was people who enjoyed recumbents. Does the group
> have a moderator to filter the childish postings from the people who enjoy
> discussing the topic of this newsgroup.
>
> Seems like this group has alot of trash talkers....

There used to be a 'Group Moderator" [1], but he was only here on
alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent for "Bass fishing".

[1]
<http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=8pUU6RIAAAA_IWUQlmavUr-OB0jf8Bon8rhlH0Pnl47z4AZhN98BFg>.

--
Tom Sherman - Post Free or Die!

> --
>
> Buck
>
> I would rather be out on my Catrike

Then why the hell aren't you out on your Catrike instead of wasting time
reading a.r.b.r. Quit carping, turn the computer off, go ride the damn
thing, and be happy for God's sake.

Yo Johnny Sunset / Tom Sherman,

"Thank You" for pointing out the difference between the members who
participate in moderated and non moderated groups. Why would one get
offended if the poster was mature enough to stay focused on the topic of
that newsgroup such as bicycles recumbent instead of the poster displaying
his lack of intelligence by continually repeating himself ten times in a
recent posting that has nothing to do with recumbent bikes.

Bassetdad

news:[email protected]...

Bassetdad wrote:
> Yo Johnny Sunset / Tom Sherman,
>
> "Thank You" for pointing out the difference between the members who
> participate in moderated and non moderated groups. Why would one get
> offended if the poster was mature enough to stay focused on the topic of
> that newsgroup such as bicycles recumbent instead of the poster displaying
> his lack of intelligence by continually repeating himself ten times in a
> recent posting that has nothing to do with recumbent bikes.
>
> Bassetdad
>

> "Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Ken C. M. wrote:

> group

> enjoy

>>> No this is not a moderated group. Try brol. They do a pretty good job of
>>> keeping the garbage down to a minimum....

>> Moderated forums are good homes for the too easily offended and those
>> who can not stand up for themselves when the discussion gets heated.
>>
>> --
>> Tom "Free Range" Sherman - Post Free or Die!

Bottom post please, it's easier to follow.

Well there is a difference between the posts made by E.D. and the troll
that posts the same message 25 times a day. The troll is most annoying,
but both have earned a spot in my bozo filter.

Ken