No mates...

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by nickesp, Feb 27, 2004.

  1. nickesp

    nickesp New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2004
    Hello,

    I'm just starting to get into road roading. I have an OCR 3, that would have been an OCR 2 if I had had the funds..! But I am very happy with the entry level bike.

    I ride from the Leopold area in Geelong usually, and whilst it's enjoyable getting out onto the highway for a ride by myself, I think I would get more benefit from having one or more people to ride with.

    I will probably join a club, and/or a BUG soon, but if there is anyone else of entry level riding in the area, I'd be happy to join them.

    I work nights, so I can ride best in the afternoon after sleeping, as I ride to work and back and I'm fairly tired in the morning. I am also pretty slow! It takes me 45mins to do a 20km circuit, with one average hill and some undulations. My aim is to improve greatly on this!

    If there is a regular ride in Geelong, I can ride there as my warm up.

    I hope to hear from other beginners!

    Nick.

    (for programming tutorials, check out my site:
    http://www.luxxsoft.com/downloads
    )

    Tags:

  2. Hippy

    Hippy Guest

    "nickesp" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:cLG%b.24944
    > Hello,

    Hi

    > I'm just starting to get into road roading. I have an OCR 3, that would have been an OCR 2 if I
    > had had the funds..! But I am very happy with the entry level bike.

    Good stuff! :)

    > If there is a regular ride in Geelong, I can ride there as my warm up.

    Some googling found:

    Geelong West Cycling Club Inc Don Wilson Secretary 102 Jedda St Bell Post Hill 3215 PH - 03 5278
    8913 URL: http://home.vicnet.net.au/~gwcc/index.html

    Geelong Touring Cyclists and Geelong Veteran Cyclists:

  3. Hippy

    Hippy Guest

    > Geelong West Cycling Club Inc Don Wilson Secretary 102 Jedda St Bell Post Hill 3215 PH - 03 5278
    > 8913 URL: http://home.vicnet.net.au/~gwcc/index.html
    >
    > Geelong Touring Cyclists and Geelong Veteran Cyclists:

    ARRR! Stupid f**&^ Microshaft Out(*^% bas(&(*&...

    Let us try again...

    Geelong Touring Cyclists and Geelong Veteran Cyclists:
    http://www.bv.com.au/download/Cycling_clubs_22.12.03.pdf

    Or, just google for some info: http://www.google.com.au/search?q=geelong+cycling&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-
    8&hl=en&me ta=

    hth hippy