No more studded tires

Per ElmsäTer

Guest
Rode my Nokian Extremes for the last time yesterday evening.
I had some advantage on the left over ice fields, but my
buddies did OK and could often go around the ice. Hehe there
were a couple of icy hills where I didn't have to walk and
they did, but that will be gone in only days now. It was
really wet and mucky though. But oh soooo.... nice to be
back whithout all that winter gear. Only two weeks ago we
couldn't make it through and had to carry our bikes through
the snow. As soon as I post this I am going out to but my
Schwalbe UST Jimmys back on. Those tires will be really nice
until everything dries up. Been thinking about putting some
Schwalbe Fast Freds on later in the spring when it gets
harder underneath. Lots of rocky slabs and dirttrails
covered with roots in between. Any comments?

--
Perre

"Per Elmsäter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Rode my Nokian Extremes for the last time yesterday
> evening. I had some advantage on the left over ice fields,
> but my buddies did OK and could
often
> go around the ice. Hehe there were a couple of icy hills
> where I didn't
have
> to walk and they did, but that will be gone in only days
> now. It was
really
> wet and mucky though. But oh soooo.... nice to be back
> whithout all that winter gear. Only two weeks ago we
> couldn't make it through and had to carry our bikes
> through the snow. As soon as I post this I am going out to
> but my Schwalbe UST Jimmys back on. Those tires will be
> really nice until everything dries up. Been thinking about
> putting some Schwalbe Fast Freds
on
> later in the spring when it gets harder underneath. Lots
> of rocky slabs
and
> dirttrails covered with roots in between. Any comments?
>
> --
> Perre
>
> You have to be smarter than a robot to reply.

Took mine off a few weeks ago here in New England. Lost @ 10
studs in the rear and a few up front this year. Do you
bother to replace them?

--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...

I've spent most of my money on mountain biking and windsurfing.
The rest I've just wasted.

D T W .../\... wrote:
> "Per Elmsäter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Rode my Nokian Extremes for the last time yesterday
>> evening. I had some advantage on the left over ice
>> fields, but my buddies did OK and could often go around
>> the ice. Hehe there were a couple of icy hills where I
>> didn't have to walk and they did, but that will be gone
>> in only days now. It was really wet and mucky though. But
>> oh soooo.... nice to be back whithout all that winter
>> gear. Only two weeks ago we couldn't make it through and
>> had to carry our bikes through the snow. As soon as I
>> post this I am going out to but my Schwalbe UST Jimmys
>> back on. Those tires will be really nice until everything
>> dries up. Been thinking about putting some Schwalbe Fast
>> Freds on later in the spring when it gets harder
>> underneath. Lots of rocky slabs and dirttrails covered
>> with roots in between. Any comments?
>>
>> --
>> Perre
>>
>> You have to be smarter than a robot to reply.
>>

> Took mine off a few weeks ago here in New England. Lost @
> 10 studs in the rear and a few up front this year. Do you
> bother to replace them?

I've only lost two studs on my Extremes and none on my W240
on the hybrid. So I wouldn't bother. I didn't even know you
could replace them. How is that done?

--
Perre

> > Took mine off a few weeks ago here in New England. Lost
> > @ 10 studs in the rear and a few up front this year. Do
> > you bother to replace them?
>
> I've only lost two studs on my Extremes and none on my
> W240 on the hybrid. So I wouldn't bother. I didn't even
> know you could replace them. How is
that
> done?
>
> --
> Perre
>
> You have to be smarter than a robot to reply.

It was a trick question Perre. I've been told that Nokian
doesn't sell replacement studs here in the US. I was
wondering if they were available in Europe. Some studded
tire mfg's have a stud replacing procedure.

I took the Snowman off my front door this morning.

I MTB 2004