No Paris-Nice for ProTour teams

gplama

May 16, 2004
Melbourne. Sometimes.
"Following an unsuccessful meeting on Monday of this week, the ongoing battle between the UCI and ASO has heated up considerably. In a letter sent to all UCI ProTour teams on Wednesday evening, the UCI has pointed out that under its regulations, they cannot participate in a race held on a national calendar and therefore such teams are not eligible to take part in Paris-Nice."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/feb07/feb22news2

Rekkon the Audax crowd will now take it over? ;)

lama
"my 666th post on CF - grraarr!!"

gplama said:
"Following an unsuccessful meeting on Monday of this week, the ongoing battle between the UCI and ASO has heated up considerably. In a letter sent to all UCI ProTour teams on Wednesday evening, the UCI has pointed out that under its regulations, they cannot participate in a race held on a national calendar and therefore such teams are not eligible to take part in Paris-Nice."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/feb07/feb22news2

Rekkon the Audax crowd will now take it over? ;)

lama
"my 666th post on CF - grraarr!!"
wow..the plot thickens..and the French Fed's offer to take it over?...didnt they say they had the right to run it as the UCI's Pro Tour rules offer some exemption if there is a national law conflict that affects the running of the race or something ( getting convoluted itsnt it, when the only law is about a team having an advertisement of a claimed illegal style of business on french soil...)

looks like a right royal farkup... by all concerned

( OH and ....congrats or should I say, "do you have horns on your head"?, "is your middle name Damian?"...doodoo doodoo doodoo doodoo, 666 and all, but don't they rack up quick eh!...I just managed a piggly 888 , ( auspicious at Chinese New Year wot)... it's probably a bit insignif.. when we look at a.b's prolifics (the likes of cfsmtb and Dutchy's et-al numbering threads in the ,000's)

ASO are a bunch of dicks. The UCI are also a bunch of dicks.

So we're all F**ked.