No place to hang out...

JTE83

Jan 28, 2004
Where I live in Houston - Medical Center - life is kinda boring because there is no place to hang out. I gotta drive 7 miles R/T to hang out at Barnes & Noble - the only thing to do at night when you get bored. Or maybe do some light shopping at Kroger. Houston really don't seem to have many hangouts, and I'm just not a beer drinking bar person.

Chicago is way different! My Wicker Park neighborhood has so many hangouts. There are many restaurants in that neighborhood where people go out to eat and meet people. There's shops and a used bookstore to hangout. And if you take a bike ride you bound to meet people hanging out taking a walk. And working out in Chicago's Lake Shore Drive - you can see lots of people working out or having fun. I sure miss some aspects of Chicago!

How about where you live? Are there nice hangouts to meet people or keep from getting bored?

Every Saturday I go to the best mall in Houston, Galleria - and eat there hoping to meet a chick that will like me.

When I did a temp 4 month job in a small town - Bowling Green, KY. The only thing to do was hit Barnes & Noble, the local mall, or eat out at a restaurant.

JTE83 said:
Where I live in Houston - Medical Center - life is kinda boring because there is no place to hang out. I gotta drive 7 miles R/T to hang out at Barnes & Noble - the only thing to do at night when you get bored. Or maybe do some light shopping at Kroger. Houston really don't seem to have many hangouts, and I'm just not a beer drinking bar person.

Chicago is way different! My Wicker Park neighborhood has so many hangouts. There are many restaurants in that neighborhood where people go out to eat and meet people. There's shops and a used bookstore to hangout. And if you take a bike ride you bound to meet people hanging out taking a walk. And working out in Chicago's Lake Shore Drive - you can see lots of people working out or having fun. I sure miss some aspects of Chicago!

How about where you live? Are there nice hangouts to meet people or keep from getting bored?

Every Saturday I go to the best mall in Houston, Galleria - and eat there hoping to meet a chick that will like me.

When I did a temp 4 month job in a small town - Bowling Green, KY. The only thing to do was hit Barnes & Noble, the local mall, or eat out at a restaurant.

Barnes & Noble is a good 15 miles from where I live and more like 25 thru the backroads. So.... I just get on the net and haunt this site and Craigslist when I don't ride my bike.

Life sucks big time when there's no fun in the city you live in. Small cities with nothing to do would kill me.

I gotta entertain myself with stuff... better things to do besides internet forums or cable TV. I suffer major boredom at times, and video games are not enough.

JTE83 said:
Life sucks big time when there's no fun in the city you live in. Small cities with nothing to do would kill me.

I gotta entertain myself with stuff... better things to do besides internet forums or cable TV. I suffer major boredom at times, and video games are not enough.
Internet ****, dude: The answer to most of life's problems--or at least the ones that cannot be solved with alcohol.

JTE83 said:

Why don't you move up the road to the Rice Uni district where all the things you miss can be found. It's right next to the Medical Center. Somewhere near the block bordered by Uni Blvd, Greenbriar, Rice, and Kirby.

Bro Deal said:
Internet ****, dude: The answer to most of life's problems--or at least the ones that cannot be solved with alcohol.

Internet **** and alcohol don't mix! The horror stories I could tell you.

JTE83 said:

Have you thought about going back to school. Take some night courses at the local State College or JC. Always something going on there.

Move to Austin. :D

-LW

No place to hang out?!?

The TMC skirts Rice Village/Rice Univ, and is close to UH-D. Montrose is close by, and a great place to hang out--independent restaurants and coffee houses, clubs. Also, upper Kirby is close by, and leads straight into UST, which again leads towards Montrose. Also, Westheimer east of the galleria has a few tchochkie (sp?) shops and a few independent coffee houses. Lots of opportunities to 'hang out' and have fun.

There are also at least 2 cycle clubs that depart around the TMC for their Wed night spins--they could also give you some ideas.

Anyway, who says the TMC is boring--heck, we might even have a transient celebrity visit us this weekend. His name is Ike. That should be some good headwind practice!

Careful tx_newbie, I believe that the OP needs to feel comfortable cross-dressing... not sure that Texas is the first place that springs to mind when considering that as a passtime... :D

Powerful Pete said:
Careful tx_newbie, I believe that the OP needs to feel comfortable cross-dressing... not sure that Texas is the first place that springs to mind when considering that as a passtime... :D

Pete, we all have our little quirks ans passtimes. I have spent my life attempting to get women out of their clothing.
It is of course just a hobby.

jhuskey said:
Pete, we all have our little quirks ans passtimes. I have spent my life attempting to get women out of their clothing.
It is of course just a hobby.
Believe me, I understand completely.

Powerful Pete said:
Montrose, man. Montrose. That area of Houston is the haven for our GLTG community. It's also known to hold a few drag races...and they ain't NASCAR, either.

Looks like everybody in Houston is gonna have to find a new place to hang out for awhile:(. I wish the best for all of you who make your home in that area. May God be with you.

kdelong said:
Looks like everybody in Houston is gonna have to find a new place to hang out for awhile:(. I wish the best for all of you who make your home in that area. May God be with you.
If God existed he wouldnt send down tornadoes to kill his innocent children which he loves so dearly. Wake up, God is fake. We are all part of nature and sometimes nature is wild.

Geoff Vadar said:
If God existed he wouldnt send down tornadoes to kill his innocent children which he loves so dearly. Wake up, God is fake. We are all part of nature and sometimes nature is wild.
I thought tornadoes only trashed trailer parks?