NO qld daylight saving - hooray!!!!

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Katharine & Paul, Nov 1, 2006.

  1. Its great to be a Queenslander.

    The sun is out when I get on my bike to go for a ride before work.

    Can get a decent ride in withour using lights.

    Paul

    Tags:

  2. LotteBum

    LotteBum New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2004
    Messages:
    1,138
    Hooray for you.

    I should start lobbying to have Qld divided into two states - us South Eastern folk are too influenced by the vote of the muggy northern bumkins. ​

  3. jimmay

    jimmay Guest

    LotteBum wrote:
    > Hooray for you.
    >
    > I should start lobbying to have Qld divided into two states - us
    > South Eastern folk are too influenced by the vote of the muggy northern
    > bumkins.

    Well in Melbourne it's a godsend to us with kids ... now they get up at
    a more reasonable hour of 6 instead of 5!

  4. Parbs

    Parbs Guest

    Katharine & Paul wrote:
    > Its great to be a Queenslander.
    >
    > The sun is out when I get on my bike to go for a ride before work.
    >
    > Can get a decent ride in withour using lights.

    Yay, great to have daylight savings, the sun is out when I go for a ride
    before work *and* when I go for a decent ride after work.

    Parbs

  5. Shabby

    Shabby New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2003
    Last time I checked, daylight savings does'nt actually give you more hours of daylight overall......

    and it gives you cancer and stuff as welll........

  6. 531Aussie

    531Aussie Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2004
    Messages:
    12,606
    yeah, but it's a bit different coz we get longer days than Queenslanders :)

  7. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Fades the curtains faster too.

  8. 531Aussie

    531Aussie Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2004
    Messages:
    12,606
  9. Donga

    Donga Guest

    531Aussie wrote:
    > jimmay Wrote:
    > >
    > > Well in Melbourne it's a godsend yeah, but it's a bit different coz we get longer days than Queenslanders

    > :)
    >

    > --
    > 531Aussie

    i.e. more shite

    Donga

  10. Terryc

    Terryc Guest

    cfsmtb wrote:
    > Shabby Wrote:
    >
    >>Last time I checked, daylight savings does'nt actually give you more
    >>hours of daylight overall......
    >>
    >>and it gives you cancer and stuff as welll........

    > Fades the curtains faster too.

    Should have waited for all the old people to die off before they
    introduced it as it just confuses them.

    < or was that decimal currency?>

  11. Plodder

    Plodder Guest

    --
    Frank
    [email protected]
    "cfsmtb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Shabby Wrote:
    > > Last time I checked, daylight savings does'nt actually give you more
    > > hours of daylight overall......
    > >
    > > and it gives you cancer and stuff as welll........

    > Fades the curtains faster too.
    >

    > --
    > cfsmtb

    Fades things, affects cows - new opportunity: pre-faded leather jackets!

    me

  12. Bean Long

    Bean Long Guest

    jimmay wrote:
    > LotteBum wrote:
    >> Hooray for you.
    >>
    >> I should start lobbying to have Qld divided into two states - us
    >> South Eastern folk are too influenced by the vote of the muggy northern
    >> bumkins.
    >>

    > Well in Melbourne it's a godsend to us with kids ... now they get up at
    > a more reasonable hour of 6 instead of 5!

    Oh yeah... absolutely jimmay! Ours were getting up at 4:30-5:00 of a
    morning... now they're "sleeping in" until 6 it's fantastic!

    --
    Bean

    "I've got a bike
    You can ride it if you like
    It's got a basket
    A bell that rings
    And things to make it look good
    I'd give it to you if I could
    But I borrowed it" Pink Floyd

    Remove "yourfinger" before replying

  13. rooman

    rooman New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2005
    Messages:
    1,167
    wot? 'd curtains?!!

    wun day lud ...all this will be yours!.... ( "wot? 'd curtains?!!" )

    hah...was in banana bender land last week pre DLS nite and it was bloody daylight at 4-45am anyway...sheesh..who are they kidding cockies need their eyes opened....maybe out near mt isa its a bit different, but the fat bulge near the SE coast ( no pun intended...oh, ok, pun meant!) sticks out into the Pacific and gets the sun so early it should be the first place in Oz to have daylight saving not the last...maybe all year round is the go for SEQ...

    blah blah. blah...one day Qld will join the rest of the country...hmmm do we want that? in the meantime it is a repository for Victoria's lousy drivers, Tasmania's beer swillers seeking VitD therapy and other southern Lat. dwellers who think we need to get a little further north each year..as the Graeme Connors song goes...

    maybe ( turns back on argument) we should leave it as it is... as a safety valve for the rest of the country, a place for beach front high rise, lousy drivers, grey rinses gone wrong and cane toads acting like golf balls and using the dogs bowl as a swimming pool/day spa...and where else can you win a rainbow jersey every week...the weekend bunch rides are famous for hard riding wrinklies who give no quarter for the coverted rainbow cloth and bragging rights for a 7 day triumph!!!

    I like DLS for Melb...its good to have a sunset by the Bay, glass of suitable hydration beverage in hand a few nibbles and a dolphin gliding past...cool

    BUT.....Hey! its raining in Melbourne...woohoo, wondered what that sound was on the roof, my overflow tank outside is filling up and my brown crackling grass is getting a soaking...yeah...maybe a skinny dip outside would be fun...oops the air temp is like -3C...hmm antarctic rain ...maybe a warmer place to live would be the go...hmmmmm..(hums) "we get a little further north each yea........"

  14. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Our water tank overfloweth! :eek: My my, the broccoli and various greenery is looking *so* much happier! I believe my all new "Worm Castings Rain Summoning Ritual" worked earlier this morning (ie: 1am)

    It's similar to my much older Tram Summoning Ritual, which involved lighting a ciggie while waiting at a tram stop, although I've long dumped the winnie blues for cycling instead. :p

  15. LotteBum

    LotteBum New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2004
    Messages:
    1,138
    Stop it you. Just stop it now!

  16. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    ... and then there's the I'm Having a Fantabulous Day Summoning Ritual. Basically involves a good nights snooze, cuddle, brekkie, bike, commute & a not too stressful day. Repeat frequently at whim.

    The Utterly Shitful Day (inadvertent) Summoning Ritual simply is one of those days when everything turns to merde, and unfortunately has a flow-on effect of attracting aggro motorists like dunny budgies to dog shit.

  17. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    cfsmtb wrote:
    > rooman Wrote:
    >> BUT.....Hey! its raining in Melbourne...woohoo, wondered what that
    >> sound was on the roof, my overflow tank outside is filling up and my
    >> brown crackling grass is getting a soaking...yeah...maybe a skinny dip
    >> outside would be fun...oops the air temp is like -3C...hmm antarctic
    >> rain ...maybe a warmer place to live would be the go...hmmmmm..(hums)
    >> "-we get a little further north each yea-........"

    > Our water tank overfloweth! :eek: My my, the broccoli and various
    > greenery is looking *so* much happier! I believe my all new "Worm
    > Castings Rain Summoning Ritual" worked earlier this morning (ie: 1am)
    >
    > It's similar to my much older Tram Summoning Ritual, which involved
    > lighting a ciggie while waiting at a tram stop, although I've long
    > dumped the winnie blues for cycling instead. :p

    My wife is now known as the rain maker. Each time over the last few
    months she has decided watering the garden has reached a crucial stage
    and watered in the evening, the following day it has rained. I'm
    thinking of renting her out to farmers.

    DaveB

  18. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    Katharine & Paul wrote:

    > Its great to be a Queenslander.
    >
    > The sun is out when I get on my bike to go for a ride before work.
    >
    > Can get a decent ride in withour using lights.
    >
    > Paul

    I'd rather get a decent ride in when it's not above 30 deg
    C, personally. If that means it's dark, so be it.

    Tam

  19. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    rooman wrote:
    <snip>
    > blah blah. blah...one day Qld will join the rest of the country...hmmm

    <snip>

    You mean re-join the country.

    Tam*remembers the good old daylight savings...*

  20. rooman

    rooman New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2005
    Messages:
    1,167
    yeah they may have particpated for a bit...but never really joined the rest of the country...the republic of joh was always somewhat aloof, and before that...methinks it had something to do with not having an upper house and the resultant tradition that most of the business of the place is done somewhere between Joh's farmhouse and the outhouse (ducks swinging peanut coated banana)