No refund for two flat tyres

Owen

Guest
That's the leader to an article of the Canberra Times (25/6) in the "Consumer Voice" section

A local resident had 22 punctures in 50 outings with a pair of Continentals. He is quoted as saying "I ride the same route as I have for the last 15 years and never had any trouble like this before."

Anyway he wanted his money back and the LBS ignored him, so the paper went to bat for him, and the store ignored the paper as well.

The article named the LBS, which I thought as a bit stupid. (You talk to us or we will give you bad press). That, together with the fact that the paper thinks that tyres causes punctures only reinforces the second/third rate nature of the local rag.

Owen

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 10:37:41 GMT, Owen <[email protected]> wrote:

>That's the leader to an article of the Canberra Times (25/6) in the "Consumer Voice" section
>
>A local resident had 22 punctures in 50 outings with a pair of Continentals. He is quoted as saying
>"I ride the same route as I have for the last 15 years and never had any trouble like this before."

At $90 each, I thought GP4000 - he wants a race tire for commuting and
then complains they are soft and low tread! Sport Contacts orContacts
are what he should have been using, fast for an armoured tire.

I was down a bike for 6 months and commuting on my race bike, the
roads quickly tore chunks off my 4000s. Never happens racing, its the
urban ****. Three corner jacks don't help either. Switched to
gatorskins and still way too many. Mostly, its Canberra.
G'd, am I glad to be back on my tourer's Contacts.

Andre

If he's paying $90 per GP 4000 tyre, he needs his head read.

http://probikekit.com/display.php?code=Y1338

Even considering the P&H, he'd be way, way ahead - particluarly when buying more than one per order.

Scotty

Aeek said:
On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 10:37:41 GMT, Owen <[email protected]> wrote:

>That's the leader to an article of the Canberra Times (25/6) in the "Consumer Voice" section
>
>A local resident had 22 punctures in 50 outings with a pair of Continentals. He is quoted as saying
>"I ride the same route as I have for the last 15 years and never had any trouble like this before."

At $90 each, I thought GP4000 - he wants a race tire for commuting and
then complains they are soft and low tread! Sport Contacts orContacts
are what he should have been using, fast for an armoured tire.

I was down a bike for 6 months and commuting on my race bike, the
roads quickly tore chunks off my 4000s. Never happens racing, its the
urban ****. Three corner jacks don't help either. Switched to
gatorskins and still way too many. Mostly, its Canberra.
G'd, am I glad to be back on my tourer's Contacts.

Andre

"Aeek" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 10:37:41 GMT, Owen <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>That's the leader to an article of the Canberra Times (25/6) in the
>>"Consumer Voice" section
>>
>>A local resident had 22 punctures in 50 outings with a pair of
>>Continentals. He is quoted as saying
>>"I ride the same route as I have for the last 15 years and never had any
>>trouble like this before."

> At $90 each, I thought GP4000 - he wants a race tire for commuting and
> then complains they are soft and low tread! Sport Contacts orContacts
> are what he should have been using, fast for an armoured tire.
>
> I was down a bike for 6 months and commuting on my race bike, the
> roads quickly tore chunks off my 4000s. Never happens racing, its the
> urban ****. Three corner jacks don't help either. Switched to
> gatorskins and still way too many. Mostly, its Canberra.
> G'd, am I glad to be back on my tourer's Contacts.
>
> Andre

Ya get that. I had a bloke come into the shop last week wanting a refund on
the inner tube he bought at Christmas because it's gone flat already...

me