No Religion Here

I agree with Vo2. He is not banning topics on religion, but if you want to say something, then put it in the "Bloody Soap Box".

People know they will get a reaction if they post on religion or politics as Vo2 stated, and that is exactly why they do it.

BTW, GOD still RULZ!!

Originally posted by rabalter
Can we discuss Texas chili and chicken enchilada recipes?
:p

That was the funniest thing I've seen in these forums in the last few weeks! Quite the gufaw!! Had me laughing out loud and had to explain it to my family - my outburst!!

Touche'

klr

Originally posted by VitaminE
Hassaan...
I looked around this forum and couldn't find any threads about religion,so you'd certainly be hard pressed to say that this forum is troubled by the Christians posting here. It seems to me your looking for a reason to whine about something, that isn't even an issue. Grow up. The only thread dealing with religion is the one you started.

I'm waiting for you to start a thread asking that people don't post their chicken enchilada recipes because you don't eat meat, and talking about chicken offends you. Get a hobby....

Whoa, dude, pretty harsh post you addressed to Hassaan seein' as how you must have missed the thread entitled something like "Are you a Christian Cyclist" that came out last week and had about 50 follow-up posts:rolleyes: . Don't know why you're all ready to insult the guy without actually knowing what went on.

I'm wondering if that thread was closed or banned because I don't see it anymore. If that's the case, then maybe it's 'cos the thread was considered innapropriate to the forum.

Go lightly, my friend,
Sara

I recommend we discuss the intricacies and nuances of cooking killer chicken enchiladas and how consuming them can improve cycling performance.......Forget this Christian prosletyzing . I never met a Christian who could cook good chicken enchiladas anyway.........

Rabalter, you're just so right... I'm always out there routing for the underdog when in fact I should be paying more attention to my mean cuisine... Did you check out epicurious?

Originally posted by less'go

And Haassan, I imagine you'll have trouble finding Wick Fowler in your neck of the woods, but I'm sure you can have it sent Fedex! :)

???

Originally posted by Hassaan
???

Sorry, just a joke about finding the Wick Fowler's chili seasoning mix where you live (=your neck of the woods=where you live). Probably not a very funny joke, but sometimes when I'm sitting here at my computer I start thinking I'm pretty clever. Word for that is "Delusional".

Anyway, tomorrow I'm riding my bike for the first time to go to work. Have to leave very early so I have time to cool down and catch my breath before going to my meeting. Bought a helmet in case I get sucked under a bus (as if it would really help!).

How about you? Recreational cycling, commuting, or what do you do/where do you go on your bike?

Sara

Sorry, just a joke about finding the Wick Fowler's chili seasoning mix where you live (=your neck of the woods=where you live). Probably not a very funny joke, but sometimes when I'm sitting here at my computer I start thinking I'm pretty clever. Word for that is "Delusional".

Anyway, tomorrow I'm riding my bike for the first time to go to work. Have to leave very early so I have time to cool down and catch my breath before going to my meeting. Bought a helmet in case I get sucked under a bus (as if it would really help!).

How about you? Recreational cycling, commuting, or what do you do/where do you go on your bike?

Sara

okkkkk......so you are a delusional girl. Thats not bad i guess:)
Hmm...so you are riding to work for the first time...wish you good legs :) How far is it by the way? Helmet is very good...must i would say...for commuting.

Well, i love cycling...wherever. I sometimes go to my university on bike. And in the evening I practice 'toning up' my thighs, as i should put it that way. I want to go to Karakorams on bike:)

Actually, authentic Texas girl that I am, I have an awesome chicken enchiladas verdes recipe, but it's a little long to post here... go to eat.epicurious.com, and you can find any recipe you want.

Now, I'm wondering how many bike riding Tex-Mex eaters there are around here...?;)

Sara

I was born and raised on Tex Mex in the Capital city. You can't get much better than that! Where are you from?

Sara-The best Texas Chili I ever had was a place in Austin. ( I went to the Univ of Texas) Very meaty and spicey....just loved it..
..I'm sure if I had the recipe now, it would help me become a faster bicycle rider..would you happen to have a recipe for some killer Texas Chili??? Wish I could remember the name of that Austin Tex-Mex restaurant.......

Living here in Austin I might be able to help you out! What part of town was it in?

Go Horns!

Originally posted by cycle_austin
I was born and raised on Tex Mex in the Capital city. You can't get much better than that! Where are you from?

Well, let's just say the wholle sordid story started out at Seton Hospital... you want the long version, or the short? Okay, the short. From Westlake Hills, though I didn't go to high school there, then later lived out on Bee Caves road, parents bought a lot of land out there before, well... before Austin got wild@ss big. If you know a big development called Crystal Mountain, that's where I was in my teens, 'cept we were the ONLY house out there on 100+ acres, overlooking the bluff. 'Twas pretty cool.

Rents are now in Lakeway... How 'bout yerself?

I'd die for a Cedar Dooor margarita about now. I tried to go back last time I was home (July), they'd torn the place down.

Eat a mess of crispy beef tacos for me, will ya'?

Well, let's just say the wholle sordid story started out at Seton Hospital... you want the long version, or the short? Okay, the short. From Westlake Hills, though I didn't go to high school there, then later lived out on Bee Caves road, parents bought a lot of land out there before, well... before Austin got wild@ss big. If you know a big development called Crystal Mountain, that's where I was in my teens, 'cept we were the ONLY house out there on 100+ acres, overlooking the bluff. 'Twas pretty cool.

Rents are now in Lakeway... How 'bout yerself?

I'd die for a Cedar Dooor margarita about now. I tried to go back last time I was home (July), they'd torn the place down.

Eat a mess of crispy beef tacos for me, will ya'?

...Born in Houston and finally made it here 10 years ago. I'll never go back. Curently living next to the 360 bridge, walking distance to the lake, which is a good thing, if I'm not on my bike I'm riding behind the boat.

Cedar Door is still around. They will never level it, they just pick it up and move it to a new location when the land lease expires. The new location is at San Jacinto and 2nd, downtown. They added a few new touches sice the last move, and I guess it makes up for the view at the old location. They still have the best Mex Margs in town, I vote they're better than Trudy's.

I'll eat some Maudie's taco's for you!

Lisa

Do you have any friends here that ride? I'm looking for so girls to ride with

If I recall correctly, the name of the restaurant was "Texas Chili Parlor." It wasn't fancy, kinda of a dive in fact, but it was excellent chili!!!!It was near the state Capitol. I hate to date myself, but I graduated in 79', so it's possible that restaurant no longer exists. HOOK EM HORNS AND LONG LIVE RELIGIOUS TOLERANCE!!!!!!!!!!!REMEMBER: NEVER BE TOLERANT OF INTOLERANCE..........

Texas Chili Parlor is still around, and I doubt it will ever go away... Their Chili is the best in Texas!

THANKS CYCLE_AUSTIN...NEXT TIME IM IN AUSTIN I'LL INVITE YOU TO A BEER AND SOME OF THAT CHILI!

Originally posted by cycle_austin
.Do you have any friends here that ride? I'm looking for so girls to ride with

Nope, they're all married with babies now and way past getting their big cabooses on a bike ; ) !

I can see the place where you must live. When I go back home my brother in law takes us out waterskiing in his boat, and when we do lake Austin, that's where we dock. Course when I was a pup, that bridge wasn't there... none of that was there. Everytime I go back now I sound like a broken record... that wasn't there, and that wasn't there, and that's new, and.......!

Don't know how you ride in that heat, though, girl, it is so brutally hot there, not to mention humid!

Ya, Maudie's will do it, and thanks for the new addie for the Cedar's latest incarnation!

Sara

HOOK EM HORNS AND LONG LIVE RELIGIOUS TOLERANCE!!!!!!!!!!!REMEMBER: NEVER BE TOLERANT OF INTOLERANCE..........

Tolerance is a good thing.

What's your cycling thing? Road, MTB? Racing? And what the heck's a rabalter?

;)
Sara