No Religion Here

BY THE WAY, I'M RELIEVED THAT HASSAN GAVE HIS APPROVAL TO DISCUSS CHICKEN ENCHILADAS AND TEXAS CHILI IN THIS FORUM. I WAS STARTING TO BREAK OUT IN A COLD SWEAT........

I WAS STARTING TO BREAK OUT IN A COLD SWEAT........

That's the chili powder, that'll do it it every time... Wish me luck, today I'm a commuter!

Originally posted by less'go
Whoa, dude, pretty harsh post you addressed to Hassaan seein' as how you must have missed the thread entitled something like "Are you a Christian Cyclist" that came out last week and had about 50 follow-up posts:rolleyes: . Don't know why you're all ready to insult the guy without actually knowing what went on.

I'm wondering if that thread was closed or banned because I don't see it anymore. If that's the case, then maybe it's 'cos the thread was considered innapropriate to the forum.

Go lightly, my friend,
Sara

I apologize Sara, I did indeed miss that thread. Perhaps I didn't look far enough back. It seems silly that someone who happens to be a Christian cyclist and wants to talk with others who are Christian cyclists can't post (even in the off-topic section) without some buzzkill screaming foul. Seriously... at what point do you look at a thread titled, "Are you a Christian Cyclist" and go, "hmm I wonder if perhaps that thread involves religion in anyway? Well I am offended by people talking about their religion, but...... I'm gonna risk it." There is an entire section in this forum about mountain bikes. I don't really care for mountain biking so I don't go there, it really is that simple.

I certainly hope I didn't offened anyone.

No problem, I think that we are drawn to controversial topics the same way we are drawn to rubbernecking a gruesome accident... we don't want to see it, but it's oh-so-hard to resist!

Very cool of you to respond to my post as you. I just hate it when forums get all messy, that's not what any of us want.

Take care!

Sara

Originally posted by VitaminE
I apologize Sara, I did indeed miss that thread. Perhaps I didn't look far enough back. It seems silly that someone who happens to be a Christian cyclist and wants to talk with others who are Christian cyclists can't post (even in the off-topic section) without some buzzkill screaming foul. Seriously... at what point do you look at a thread titled, "Are you a Christian Cyclist" and go, "hmm I wonder if perhaps that thread involves religion in anyway? Well I am offended by people talking about their religion, but...... I'm gonna risk it." There is an entire section in this forum about mountain bikes. I don't really care for mountain biking so I don't go there, it really is that simple.

Originally posted by VitaminE

Enough has already been debated on this subject. And alot more could be. But it wont have any outcome or conclusion. Lets just not argue on it anymore.
You certainly have not offended anyone, atleast me. So do I hope I have not.

Well, someone could have asked me how my first commuting day went... Since no one id, I'll offer up that it went great, I yelled at one guy on a motorcycle who almost squashed me and indicated to a (good looking) guy in a Jeep Cherokee that he was driving in the bike path. What I found really amazing is that at one point I was actaully stuck in traffic in Paris, at about the time the guy in the Jeep took over the bike path in a last ditch effort...

My legs are aching, but you know it took me less time on my bike than it would have taken in my car. Cars are way overused... they have their place, but it's not transporting people, one person per car, through downtown Paris. Paris is very small. ANd I rode in from the burbs.

Best thing was I think I might start turning into a militant cyclist! I'm getting serious attitude here. I may soon get self-righteous, bwahahahahahahahahaha!.

Keep pushing those pedals!

Sara

Originally posted by Hassaan
Enough has already been debated on this subject. And alot more could be. But it wont have any outcome or conclusion. Lets just not argue on it anymore.
You certainly have not offended anyone, atleast me. So do I hope I have not.

Originally posted by rabalter
Sara-The best Texas Chili I ever had was a place in Austin. ( I went to the Univ of Texas) Very meaty and spicey....just loved it..
..I'm sure if I had the recipe now, it would help me become a faster bicycle rider..would you happen to have a recipe for some killer Texas Chili??? Wish I could remember the name of that Austin Tex-Mex restaurant.......

Here's one for the record books. The absolute best Tex-Mex food I ever had was in a restaurant in Sasebo, Japan owned by an Italian.

There we were, American sailors sitting next to Russian, Greek, Spanish, and English merchant seaman in Japan, eating Tex-Mex cooked by an Italian!

That was nearly 40 years ago and I can still remember how good it was!

Can we discuss Texas chili and chicken enchilada recipes?

In my religion, our God is a chicken enchilada and we make offerings of Chili to appease him.

Chili Vlad
serves one to eight

fry chopped onion and four lbs ground beef round
add one 15 oz can Ranch Style Beans

season to taste with
ground jalapeno
ground cayenne
garlic powder
sage
chili powder

if you like it soupy add boiling water

Y'all come !!

Originally posted by Babbar
In my religion, our God is a chicken enchilada and we make offerings of Chili to appease him.

I used to live in Baltimore, right down the street from Mencken's Cultured Pearl Tex Mex place... The food was really lousy, but atleast they made the effort. And I think they regularly made sacrifices to the fesity jalapeno deity... No chili in sight, though.

Can you actually find good Mexican in Maryland nowadays?

BTW, Babbar and Vlad? I love the names... is that Babbar like my kids love to watch and Vlad the Impaler? Any good stories behind the cool monikers? Vlad's may be x-rated!

Originally posted by less'go
Well, someone could have asked me how my first commuting day went... Since no one id, I'll offer up that it went great, I yelled at one guy on a motorcycle who almost squashed me and indicated to a (good looking) guy in a Jeep Cherokee that he was driving in the bike path. What I found really amazing is that at one point I was actaully stuck in traffic in Paris, at about the time the guy in the Jeep took over the bike path in a last ditch effort...

My legs are aching, but you know it took me less time on my bike than it would have taken in my car. Cars are way overused... they have their place, but it's not transporting people, one person per car, through downtown Paris. Paris is very small. ANd I rode in from the burbs.

Best thing was I think I might start turning into a militant cyclist! I'm getting serious attitude here. I may soon get self-righteous, bwahahahahahahahahaha!.

Keep pushing those pedals!

Sara
Of Course! Less'go the Paris Living Texan Chilli Fiend - and now militant cycle avenger. I'll wait for the next call to arms from the French Capital - "Cyclist of the world unite - you have nothing to lose but your chains"!

Originally posted by TooSore
Of Course! Less'go the Paris Living Texan Chilli Fiend - and now militant cycle avenger. I'll wait for the next call to arms from the French Capital - "Cyclist of the world unite - you have nothing to lose but your chains"!

Yes, my friend, you don't know how right you are...If you had gotten a gander at me yesterday, once again commuting from my mild-mannered suburban homestead into the polluted yet beautiful yet often bicycle-unfriendly territories of the City of Lights, you'd have been right proud.

I obey the traffic laws as much as any other vehicle in this town (if you've ever been here you know what I'm talking about?), which means I've begun to slolom (sp?) amongst the cars like a real daredevil, and I take great pleasure in shaking my fists and brandishing the occasional birdy while offering up... how did you put it in another post Too SOre? "Earthier anglo Saxon words of unambiguous meaning?" Except I mix in a good dose of French. But it all boils down to the same thing, doesn't it?

And all this from a classy looking little lady in a suit, wearing a mean pair of tennis shoes.

Cheers!

S

Since we can talk or ask about anything here, just wondering if anyone here has a good chicken enchilada recipe?

LMFAO.

That is killer!!!!

Totally out of context.

I got a grin up to my ears when i read that one.

lol

Originally posted by Sidi
LMFAO.

That is killer!!!!

Totally out of context.

I got a grin up to my ears when i read that one.

lol

Trying to be sarcastic or funny,...?

I'd rather talk about my good 'enuf to get Cannonized "real" chili...with or without beans

While on the subject, it's a religious ritual in my plantation home when I make Jesus must love me Chile...it's so sinfully good, I have to go to Confession twice on Saturdays so I can receive one Holy Communion on Sunday; but there is a rub....on Sunday, when my saintly chile is one day old, it becomes oh so demonically better in taste, causing me to say a thousand Hail Mary's, begging for forgiveness due to the carnal nature of my chile. BTW, when I make chile, PETA is a knockin' on my door, demanding I give up my savage ways, less they take away all my MTB bikes, parts, etc...Can't win here when the chile is a simmerin' on this plantation.

That sounds inspired... so is it heavenly or is it really satanically good? I'm starting to wonder what's really cooking up in your Virginia kitchen...

That sounds inspired... so is it heavenly, or is it satanically good? I'm starting to wonder what's really cooking up in your Virginia kitchen...

Truck stop chili with lots of picante and crackers, enuf so that cold sweat beads on your forehead, in the middle of a daylong ride. For jesplain chili, red n black beans chili-o adulterated with thetrad spices and bayleaves. Secret ingredient-water chesnuts., meat of your choice. deer sausage n chuck. It's good cold in a ziplock with a tortilla, fits well in jersey pocket. No need to say grace, all chili comes preblessed.