No San Remo Krispy

B. Lafferty

Guest
Five-time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong has
elected to skip Saturday's World Cup opener, Milan-San
Remo. U.S. Postal's Dirk Demol told AFP that Milan-San Remo
does not fit in to the Texan's build-up for his attempt at
a record sixth straight win in cycling's premier prize.
From VeloNews
----------------------------

I wonder why it no longer fits into his program.

Probably thinks that his "valuable time" is better spent at
a cancer fundraiser, or with his kids. The guy just has no
respect for the sport of racing.

B. Lafferty wrote:
> Five-time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong has
> elected to skip Saturday's World Cup opener, Milan-San
> Remo. U.S. Postal's Dirk Demol told AFP that Milan-San
> Remo does not fit in to the Texan's build-up for his
> attempt at a record sixth straight win in cycling's
> premier prize. From VeloNews
> ----------------------------
>
> I wonder why it no longer fits into his program.

Yeah. He's doing a nice long, charity fat burner.

"trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Probably thinks that his "valuable time" is better spent
> at a cancer fundraiser, or with his kids. The guy just has
> no respect for the sport of racing.
>
> B. Lafferty wrote:
> > Five-time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong has
> > elected to skip Saturday's World Cup opener, Milan-San
> > Remo. U.S. Postal's Dirk Demol told AFP that Milan-San
> > Remo does not fit in to the Texan's build-up for his
> > attempt at a record sixth straight win in cycling's
> > premier prize. From VeloNews
> > ----------------------------
> >
> > I wonder why it no longer fits into his program.

> Yeah. He's doing a nice long, charity fat burner.

Obviously Krispy is going make a science out of cherry
picking this year for his TDF preparation.

> "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Probably thinks that his "valuable time" is better spent
> > at a cancer fundraiser, or with his kids. The guy just
> > has no respect for the sport
of
> > racing.
> >
> > B. Lafferty wrote:
> > > Five-time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong has
> > > elected to skip Saturday's World Cup opener, Milan-San
> > > Remo. U.S. Postal's Dirk Demol told AFP that Milan-San
> > > Remo does not fit in to the Texan's build-up for his
> > > attempt at a record sixth straight win in cycling's
> > > premier prize. From VeloNews
> > > ----------------------------
> > >
> > > I wonder why it no longer fits into his program.

> Five-time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong
> has elected
to skip
> Saturday's World Cup opener, Milan-San Remo. U.S. Postal's
> Dirk Demol told AFP that Milan-San Remo does not
fit in to the
> Texan's build-up for his attempt at a record sixth
> straight win
in cycling's
> premier prize. From VeloNews
> ----------------------------
>
> I wonder why it no longer fits into his program.

IIRC, he didn't ride it last year either. Isn't he usually
coy about whether he is going to do (or not do) MSR?

To satisfy his public without tiring his legs for the TdF,
maybe he could just sit in at the back of the pack and waive
and throw Mardi Gras beads. -- Jay Beattie.

I was looking forward to photos of him riding the Turchio at
his own pace a la Murcia.

"Jay Beattie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:Fs-
> [email protected]...
> > Five-time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong has
> > elected
> to skip
> > Saturday's World Cup opener, Milan-San Remo. U.S.
> > Postal's Dirk Demol told AFP that Milan-San Remo
> > does not
> fit in to the
> > Texan's build-up for his attempt at a record sixth
> > straight win
> in cycling's
> > premier prize. From VeloNews
> > ----------------------------
> >
> > I wonder why it no longer fits into his program.
>
> IIRC, he didn't ride it last year either. Isn't he usually
> coy about whether he is going to do (or not do) MSR?
>
> To satisfy his public without tiring his legs for the TdF,
> maybe he could just sit in at the back of the pack and
> waive and throw Mardi Gras beads. -- Jay Beattie.

"Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:uR-
> [email protected]...
> > Yeah. He's doing a nice long, charity fat burner.
>
> Obviously Krispy is going make a science out of
> cherry picking
this year for
> his TDF preparation.

But he always does. This is nothing new. This is where I
repeat the usual tirade about Lance Armstrong and the
champions of yore, like EM, who rode the entire season
and even did novelty events like Paris-Roubaix. And
Hershey bars used to be $.05. What is this world coming
to. -- Jay Beattie.