No Tubes Question

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Ride-A-Lot, Feb 10, 2004.

  1. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    Is it OK to use a UST tire (Hutchinson Mosquito) with Stan's No Tubes strip and goo on a non-ust
    rim (mavic x-319). It seems to be holding air and I can bounce around on it, I just need to no if I
    can trust it.

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

    Tags:

  2. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 06:26:32 -0500, Ride-A-Lot wrote:

    > Is it OK to use a UST tire (Hutchinson Mosquito) with Stan's No Tubes strip and goo on a non-ust
    > rim (mavic x-319). It seems to be holding air and I can bounce around on it, I just need to no if
    > I can trust it.

    Ooh, do I get to be first to suggest Oliver's Yes Tubes? http://www.yestubes.com

  3. On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 06:26:32 -0500, "Ride-A-Lot"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Is it OK to use a UST tire (Hutchinson Mosquito) with Stan's No Tubes strip and goo on a non-ust
    >rim (mavic x-319).

    I think stan's web site says that is Ok... but one of the main reasons for going with the stan's
    approach is reducing the weight... and the UST tire weighs much more than a tube type tire.

    charlie