No Vuelta On Oln!

AussieDog

Jun 13, 2004
From the Moderator of the OLN message forum :mad:

"Sorry to disappoint.

There will be just one 1-hr. Vuelta show.

There will be no daily coverage".

AussieDog said:
From the Moderator of the OLN message forum :mad:

"Sorry to disappoint.

There will be just one 1-hr. Vuelta show.

There will be no daily coverage".
Man, that sucks. Perhaps a letter writing campaign would help, assuming it's not too late for them to pick up the rights???

man talk about getting depressed. :( I was just talking to another club cyclists and he mentioned how there isn't anything on now...and I said, well the tour of spain is just around the corner...he's like, yea...can't wait...omg i hope this is some sick joke...

N2O said:
Bump this baby to the top!!
please, everybody who loves to watch cycling LIVE on TV...add your voice...cycling fans must compete , i guess, with fishing, hunting and bull riding to get time on OLN....surely they must know how many fans enjoyed the Tour coverage and are now looking forward to following cycling at teh Vuelta!! go to the OLN board, write to OLN , USPS (presented by Berry Floor), and any other source you can think of....we need to have the Vuelta on live every day...don't we???

39-25-(36) said:
Bump this baby to the top!!
please, everybody who loves to watch cycling LIVE on TV...add your voice...cycling fans must compete , i guess, with fishing, hunting and bull riding to get time on OLN....surely they must know how many fans enjoyed the Tour coverage and are now looking forward to following cycling at teh Vuelta!! go to the OLN board, write to OLN , USPS (presented by Berry Floor), and any other source you can think of....we need to have the Vuelta on live every day...don't we???
I signed the petition- although I doubt it will make much difference. Any word as to why this is happening after they mentioned early in the spring they would carry it. Only info is form a moderator on their forum.
Last years ratings? A problem with the rights? I've been expecting OLN to phase out live coverage except for the TDF for a few years ( actualy starting in 2001 when they 1st broadcast live cycling). I have never been too optimistic this would fly in the U.S.- hopeful, but not overly optimistic.

Perhaps you should petition Lance to do more races then they would show them, alternatively move to Europe.
2004 Eurosport TV Broadcast Schedule

٠ Paris-Nice / Mar. 8-14

٠ Three Days of La Panne / Mar. 30-April 1

٠ Tour of Flanders / April 4

٠ Tour of the Basque Country / April 5-9

٠ Paris-Roubaix / April 11

٠ Amstel Gold Race / April 18

٠ Fleche Wallonne / April 21

٠ Liege-Bastogne-Liege / April 25

٠ Tour of Romandy / April 27-May 2

٠ Giro d'Italia / May 8-30

٠ World Track Championships (Melbourne/AUS) / May 26-30

٠ Tour de France / July 3-25

٠ Athens Olympics / Aug. 13-29

٠ HEW-Cyclassics / Aug. 1

٠ Clasica San Sebastian / Aug. 7

٠ Vuelta a Espana / Sept. 4-26

٠ World Road Championships (Verona, ITA) / Sept. 27-Oct. 3

٠ Paris-Tours / Oct. 10

DeRosa_AV said:
Perhaps you should petition Lance to do more races then they would show them, alternatively move to Europe.
2004 Eurosport TV Broadcast Schedule

٠ Paris-Nice / Mar. 8-14

٠ Three Days of La Panne / Mar. 30-April 1

٠ Tour of Flanders / April 4

٠ Tour of the Basque Country / April 5-9

٠ Paris-Roubaix / April 11

٠ Amstel Gold Race / April 18

٠ Fleche Wallonne / April 21

٠ Liege-Bastogne-Liege / April 25

٠ Tour of Romandy / April 27-May 2

٠ Giro d'Italia / May 8-30

٠ World Track Championships (Melbourne/AUS) / May 26-30

٠ Tour de France / July 3-25

٠ Athens Olympics / Aug. 13-29

٠ HEW-Cyclassics / Aug. 1

٠ Clasica San Sebastian / Aug. 7

٠ Vuelta a Espana / Sept. 4-26

٠ World Road Championships (Verona, ITA) / Sept. 27-Oct. 3

٠ Paris-Tours / Oct. 10
Please, don't kick me when me when I'm down

OH MY GOD

I know why they cancelled it!

Not enough people called DR Fieldbrush to try out there lawnmower for 6 months!!!!111

A poster on the OLN board checked with TVE international and they will be broadcasting the Vuelta to the States. Here is the Text of TVE's reply

E-mail sent (with basic translation):
Quote: ¿cTve internacional difunde la Vuelta a España a América?

Will TVE International be broadcasting the Vuelta to America?

Responding e-mail (with google translation):
Quote: Apreciados amigos del Canal Internacional: A partir del próximo 4 de Septiembre podrán ver en sus pantallas a través de este Canal las evoluciones del pelotón multicolor en la Vuelta Ciclista a España 2004. -- Angela Martin [[email protected]]

Appreciated friends of the Channel the International: From next the 4 of September they will be able to see in its screens through this Channel the evolutions of the squad multicolor in the Cycling Return Spain 2004.

I've checked with my local cable company, adelphia I can add the spanish package for $7 with no connection or disconect fee's. I believe Direct TV also offers it for $14.99 w/ no fees. I am hoping to get SAP working & hopefully it'll be in English but regardless I'll be able to watch it. I don't think Cox cable has TVE tho.

Does anyone have another option for watching the race?

Eh, I'm so used to not having ANY cycling on tv (except the small TdF coverage) that it doesn't make a difference to me.